Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Del View Post


    What pedigree is that exactly???

    He had zero pedigree as a manager and got given jobs based on a CV having coaching roles at big name clubs simply because he was part of Ancelotti's backroom staff. Blimey the way some carried on about the bloke you'd think these massive clubs headhunted him for his footballing genius or something, when instead he was simply part of the package with Ancelotti.

    He's since proved over multiple management jobs that he's not got a clue and is utterly useless/
    Pedigree as in who his father was.



    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      He was also TF's 'dream manager' lest we not forget
      Do you think he genuinely cringes when he thinks back to some of the ridiculous things he's said publically?

      Comment


      • #18
        Decent number 2 and coach but just not a manager. As for being Fernandes's dream manager sums up his judgement in a nut shell.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Decent number 2 and coach but just not a manager.
          Weren't people saying that about SMC ?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Decent number 2 and coach but just not a manager. As for being Fernandes's dream manager sums up his judgement in a nut shell.
            Get him here .... as an assistant.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

              Weren't people saying that about SMC ?
              Long track record in management at the very highest level.

              Clement been a coach his whole career before he left Ancellotti.

              Comment


              • #22
                Or is it Reading rather than Clement? Just a thought.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Or is it Reading rather than Clement? Just a thought.
                  Clement is #### Shania and as long as I have a hole in my a rse he will never be a successful manager

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

                    Long track record in management at the very highest level.

                    Clement been a coach his whole career before he left Ancellotti.
                    I know but most people were banging on about SMC being a better coach than manager, citing Forest, Newcastle and Derby (the return). Makes me laugh how those same people are VERY quiet now.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

                      I know but most people were banging on about SMC being a better coach than manager, citing Forest, Newcastle and Derby (the return). Makes me laugh how those same people are VERY quiet now.
                      I was one whos not a fan, but credit to maclaren for turning it around after that terrible start, but as we speak at the minute we are sitting in 14th place, just two places above where we finished last season, and this is with 4 ex prem loanees and we`ve just had a very good run of form, which now we`re starting on a sticky one, so its hardly anything major to shut those maclaren doubters up or brag about atm, we`ll see his managerial skills when we hit these bad patches how we cope.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

                        I was one whos not a fan, but credit to maclaren for turning it around after that terrible start, but as we speak at the minute we are sitting in 14th place, just two places above where we finished last season, and this is with 4 ex prem loanees and we`ve just had a very good run of form, which now we`re starting on a sticky one, so its hardly anything major to shut those maclaren doubters up or brag about atm, we`ll see his managerial skills when we hit these bad patches how we cope.
                        Not bragging at all, just simply saying those that said he is a coach and not a manager must clearly be able to see that he can capably manage a team, whereas a coach like Ramsey, for example, was clearly could not.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

                          I was one whos not a fan, but credit to maclaren for turning it around after that terrible start, but as we speak at the minute we are sitting in 14th place, just two places above where we finished last season, and this is with 4 ex prem loanees and we`ve just had a very good run of form, which now we`re starting on a sticky one, so its hardly anything major to shut those maclaren doubters up or brag about atm, we`ll see his managerial skills when we hit these bad patches how we cope.
                          Ollie was here for long enoughg to bring in loans. He also managed to regularly loose derby games, alienate supporters with outbursts questioning their integrity, and completely failed to understand that the squad was hopelessly unsuited to a wing back system. Furthermore I'd say this division was stronger than it was last year, and I'd add that lifetime management stats suggests that his management record is average at best. I loved him as a player, and I don't doubt his love for the badge, but in this day and age I don't see him as a manager at this level, I thought that while he was down the docks and nothing he has done since suggests any different.

                          But if you feel strongly that we'll fare less well under SMac than Ollie, you know who to call ;) and you'll be accommodated. That applies to anyone else with the same view (whatever they call themselves).

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Furthermore I'd say this division was stronger than it was last year.
                            Personally, I never can buy into that "Division is stronger than last year" claim. Tough league EVERY year in my book,

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by West Acton View Post

                              Clement is #### Shania and as long as I have a hole in my a rse he will never be a successful manager
                              Easy Tiger. His brief record with the Rams was decent - 33 games with a 42%WP suggests that the hole in yerarse may one day be threatened with closure..... Swansea was always going to be tough and Reading are a boardroom shambles, bit like we were. He's still prolly a no2 at heart but you couldn't be sure.

                              Problem these days is tha ex players and coaches with a high profile background end up about three levels too high in their first job as a proper gaffer. Ryan Giggs, G Neville being examples. You have to learn your trade.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                Problem these days is tha ex players and coaches with a high profile background end up about three levels too high in their first job as a proper gaffer. Ryan Giggs, G Neville being examples. You have to learn your trade.
                                This is spot on IMO. Ex-players should all speak to Merson, Adams and Sheringham before thinking they can waltz into management.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X