Osayi-Samuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osayi-Samuel

Thought he looked quite lively and dangerous in his all too short Cameo, maybe give him a few more chances as today Eze was well off pace and contributed very little, Eze has played a lot of games lately and a rest would do him good.

Saved me starting the thread.

BOS did more in 8 minutes than Eze did in 90.

Really don't see what all the fuss is with Eze. All I see is someone who has 1 good game in 4.

Strolls round the pitch with little effort half the time and is worse than Tarrabt when it comes to actually making a meaningful challenge for a header or any challenge come to that.

Would have had him off on the hour at the latest for a straight swap for BOS. At least give BOS half hour to show what he could do.

Comment

Eze is our Wilfred and now the refs have stopped giving anything when he’s fouled

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
        Saved me starting the thread.

BOS did more in 8 minutes than Eze did in 90.

Really don't see what all the fuss is with Eze. All I see is someone who has 1 good game in 4.

Strolls round the pitch with little effort half the time and is worse than Tarrabt when it comes to actually making a meaningful challenge for a header or any challenge come to that.

Would have had him off on the hour at the latest for a straight swap for BOS. At least give BOS half hour to show what he could do.
        Yeah he was strolling around at stoke last week with the 2 assists for our goals and was our best player at Rotherham Tuesday night .The kids a talent that had an off day that’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yeah he was strolling around at stoke last week with the 2 assists for our goals and was our best player at Rotherham Tuesday night .The kids a talent that had an off day that’s all.

Comment

think we all know now what we're gonna get with eze , flashes of brilliance , the odd great goal , drifting past defenders . but we'll get nothing off him when he hasn't got the ball , he'll just stroll around , can't tackle , close down ,press or jockey , should have been taken off at half time

Comment

Originally posted by Leweshoop View Post
              Eze is our Wilfred and now the refs have stopped giving anything when he’s fouled
              largely because he goes over like a big girl.

If I was a ref I wouldn't give him much either.

Comment

Talented but has no ambition to be top quality.

Comment

I would like find a way of getting BOS into the team or at least more game time as I think there is a player in there

Came on and got an assist and created another

Comment

The only way to get Bos in is to drop eze and play freeman in his position

Eze had a bad day yesterday but so did Adel , Amos, Wegarle, Byrne etc - that will happen - the skill is in the management recognising that on the pitch and changing it and that’s something they didn’t do yesterday

Comment

Hard to believe some of the comments in this thread about Eze. He is class, a genuine talent, end of. So he drifts in and out of games occasionally... he'll also hold up play, provide amazing assists and score goals. He's still raw, but WHAT a talent. I've seen him live 3 times this season and he was brilliant to watch. I despair of some of our fans and thank god they're not involved in coaching young players.

Comment

BOS should be on before Matt Smith. Can't understand why managers will throw on all the strikers and not actually think about the supply line.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Talented but has no ambition to be top quality.
                          Blimey that’s harsh to say he has no ambition! Poor lad, learning his trade and undoubtedly talented but has ‘no ambition’ based on a mediocre performance

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Hard to believe some of the comments in this thread about Eze. He is class, a genuine talent, end of. So he drifts in and out of games occasionally... he'll also hold up play, provide amazing assists and score goals. He's still raw, but WHAT a talent. I've seen him live 3 times this season and he was brilliant to watch. I despair of some of our fans and thank god they're not involved in coaching young players.
                            Exactly - We should protect players like him and understand he is not going to be at the top of his game every match - Hull did their homework on him and he was nullified for a lot of periods - but he will learn...the point about yesterday was it clearly wasn't going to be his day and a change of Bos on for Eze or Hemed on for Eze would have kept the balance and momentum.that we had at that point, Players can't be undroppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              I agree Hubble. He still draws fouls, which is why refs give them. The way he draws fouls takes a lot of skill which, to him, comes very naturally. It's all about anticipation of knowing when the challenge comes and how to handle it. One thing he does not do is 'go over easily'. The fouls are totally genuine and the referees are not being conned, but some don't realise that this is actually a skill. Then when you get the foul it helps the team because it grants us territory and holds up play, which is sometimes very valuable. We just need better execution when it comes to dead balls on free-kicks.

Other than the above, the lad has sublime skill and touches. He glides past players and uses his skills to give him time and space - which is always the sign of a good player. He is a young raw talent who is still learning and WILL get better with more experience and good coaching. He's also a goal threat, he's scored some great goals this and last season, and was very unlucky not to get another one at Rotherham who's keeper made a superb save.

Some fans need to show more patience with him. At this stage of his career, and due to the type of player he is, he will inevitably drift out of games at times or have the occasional off day.

Comment

Working...
                              X