That's on you, Steve...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

No. But it sure didn't help. We'd certainly have drawn. And could have nicked it.
    I don't remember us controlling the game early second half or having scoring opportunities.

Comment

I thibk Steve though that as Hull had looked to be sitting on their lead he could afford to sub Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

I don't remember us controlling the game early second half or having scoring opportunities.
        Their third was definitely against the run of play though.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Their third was definitely against the run of play though.
          Wasn't it just, Jack. Poor shape playing 433 too.

Comment

No way should Eze have seen out that game.

Did nothing for 90 minutes.

OP was right that taking Cameron off was a bad move but as for nullifying Eze - there was nowt to nullify.

Comment

we missed to many chances in the 1st half , went 2 nil down and were always chasing it , to many players had off days

Comment

He should have put himself on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Dumb a as decision taking off Cameron and replacing him with Hemed. We were in control and that gave them the midfield. The three up didn't gel and the lack of shape nullified Eze. Especially when Wszolek went RB. Hull didn't deserve those points.
                  He went for it, made a change early on, if it came off he's a legend if it doesnt you post dumb ass #### like this.

Comment

Thought Steve’s subs gave us a chance. Probably should have subbed Eze though

Comment

Whether it’s the right decision or not is not as important as a manager expressing himself for me. He’s paid to do the job therefore his opinion is the most important. I did think that we did lose our way a bit with Cameron coming off but it was right to gamble. I thought minutes could have been managed better. Luongo looked leggy compared to Cameron. He’d played the extra game at Stoke and been on international duty. Eze at 20 in his first full season 3 games in a week. I don’t like seeing Hemed in the hole behind Smith and Wells. Lots to be learned from yesterday and we move on. I like Steve’s courage and single-mindedness. What he did showed manager confidence and that’s important to me. He won’t always get it right but he has been brilliant tactically towards the end of Stoke and Rotherham earlier in the week.
                      Last edited by Steve_Mac_Fan; 02-12-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
                        Whether it’s the right decision or not is not as important as a manager expressing himself for me. He’s paid to do the job therefore his opinion is the most important. I did think that we did lose our way a bit with Cameron coming off but it was right to gamble. I thought minutes could have been managed better. Luongo looked leggy compared to Cameron. He’d played the extra game at Stoke and been on international duty. Eze at 20 in his first full season 3 games in a week. I don’t like seeing Hemed in a little whole behind Smith and Wells. Lots to be learned from yesterday and we move on. I like Steve’s courage and single-mindedness. What he did showed manager confidence and that’s important to me. He won’t always get it right but he has been brilliant tactically towards the end of Stoke and Rotherham earlier in the week.
                        We now have 2 top quality,mobile strikers at the club for the first time in God knows how many years (in Wells and Hemed) yet we still can’t find a system to fit them both in. It seems as though it has to be Eze plus one of the 2 new boys. But for how much longer?

Comment

The whole defence got found out for being too slow and don't like players running at them. If you are losing then change your system within our squad limitations. Mind you it did look a bit like Holloway desperation football at the end.

Comment

From tough start to rectifying things and have a run of promotion form taking us to comfortable top half to w&nker in 30 minutes!

Comment

Like I said, just a bad day at the office.

The only slight worry on the horizon isn't tactical. Our back line has been exposed a few times recently, and the cover has gone missing. The most important thing for us at this stage is learning to keep the door shut on a regular basis, and if that means drilling them from dawn to dusk holding the line and getting the calls right so be it. That's the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                                The whole defence got found out for being too slow and don't like players running at them. If you are losing then change your system within our squad limitations. Mind you it did look a bit like Holloway desperation football at the end.
                                Nothing wrong with a plan B or C if you are chasing a game near the end eh?
                                If the ref had played the correct amount of injury time we would have scored as we were battering them at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X