Cashley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    end of the day you dont sign players for their personality,you sign them for their skill etc
    Personality is very important. How you carry yourself is very important. Swp, Mbia, bosingwa, Barton etc etc all have/had ability. But you have one bad egg in a dressing room and it all goes south. We have hopefully learnt that lesson

Comment

You sign players exactly for their personality and skill.
      Otherwise you end up like us

Comment

I don't really understand the haters. 100 England caps, many of them during a period when successive managers were unable to figure out a set up that accommodated the talent available. He was completely different class to someone like Ashley Young who later (inexplicably) occupied the same spot.

Its a little bit like the Lewis Hamilton haters. I think he's a genius, but he's wealthy, mixed race, and just like anyone else in his position has occasionally been advised to make the most of tax regulations..... Is it a race thing? A jealousy thing? I honestly don't get it.

I want people to be really good at their job. How they spend their time and money is for me irrelevant. I'm there to see them do the business, their morality / beliefs / preferences are no concern of mine.

Comment

I would just doubt he'd have the motivation for playing in the Championship at a mid-table club on a salary way lower than he is used to.

I'd go so far to say he would be the exact polar opposite of Angel Rangel who absolutely loves where he is at the moment.

Comment

end of the day you dont sign players for their personality,you sign them for their skill etc
            I wonder if you read about our new recruitment policy, I believe it was aired during the fans' forum. The whole point about our new approach is that character is just as important as skill. If you want a team that really plays as a team, you need people of the right character. You really don't need the opposite.

Comment

Correct.

You can manage personalities (as NW did re Adel) but you can't implant skill. And without it ultimately you go nowehere.

Ollie made the mistake of prioritising 'character' over skill. That's why we had a front line of CW and Jamie. Willing, but not able. Meanwhile Eze was cleaning boots in some sinkhole and the other kids 'needed time'. If you're good enough you're old enough.

Comment

everyone works with folk whom they think are wrongerns,its all down to opinions,just because you think they bad eggs,they prob think same of you.
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  I would just doubt he'd have the motivation for playing in the Championship at a mid-table club on a salary way lower than he is used to.

I'd go so far to say he would be the exact polar opposite of Angel Rangel who absolutely loves where he is at the moment.
                  Top 10 club actually. This is the 2nd time this week I've had to point that out. I know it's only a little thing but there is a difference. Why do some fans like to down-play our progress?

Nothing personal Mush, which the above smilies are intended to convey!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Top 10 club actually. This is the 2nd time this week I've had to point that out. I know it's only a little thing but there is a difference. Why do some fans like to down-play our progress?

I think it's because we're overacheiving. Plus, this is Rangers, it's only natural for people to expect a losing streak at any moment.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

I normally talk in the terms of where we will finish !

Comment

Was a very good defender and has and always been a total #### of a man.

Comment

On his way to Derby apparently.

38 years old, do we reckon he still has anything to offer at this level?

Comment

Player of the season last 2 years so cannot see him being rubbish. I think he would do well and he wouldn't be a mercenary if playing for his friend at Frank Lampards Derby.

Comment

Arguably best LB this country has produced. Think he will do blinding job for them still

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                On his way to Derby apparently.

38 years old, do we reckon he still has anything to offer at this level?
                                On a technical level he'll probably be much better than most LB's in the division but it will be interesting to see if he can bomb up and down the wings as much as is required of their current LB

Comment

Working...
                                X