Getting away from the ground on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting away from the ground on Saturday

I hear some had a nightmare getting from the ground to the station after the game on Saturday and missed their trains because Stoke in their wisdom laid on just a single bus as transport!!

Luckily we jumped a taxi straight after and even managed to blag our way on to the 17.12 trains by using the police put us on this excuse so got back to London just after 6.30pm
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 26-11-2018, 09:52 AM.

They announced about 85 mins in that visiting fans would be "ferried" to the rail station and the bus would keep returning until all people away, they said bus and not buses.
    You did well to get 1712 as we didn't get out until about 1700 due to 5 mins injury time that turned into about 8 minutes, we clapped the players off the pitch then headed to car which was parked at Longton rugby club (thoroughly recommend) rugby club is 15 minute walk, we was on M6 at 1740.
    Just for the record I thought the searching going into stadium was totally ott, plus sniffer dogs for drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
      They announced about 85 mins in that visiting fans would be "ferried" to the rail station and the bus would keep returning until all people away, they said bus and not buses.
      You did well to get 1712 as we didn't get out until about 1700 due to 5 mins injury time that turned into about 8 minutes, we clapped the players off the pitch then headed to car which was parked at Longton rugby club (thoroughly recommend) rugby club is 15 minute walk, we was on M6 at 1740.
      Just for the record I thought the searching going into stadium was totally ott, plus sniffer dogs for drugs.
      We went to the hotel opposite the station before the game but when I got to the ground I realised my mate who was in another taxi had my ticket so it was interesting watching the searches while I was waiting for him and as you say it was way over the top.

Good to see the stewards let people out thoughat half time for a smoke even though I dont anymore

Comment

Working...
      X