Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joe Lumley better then Alex Smithies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our future is Lumley, really warming to him. Is young and confident and can only get better and he gives it to away fans a bit like paddy kenny did

Comment

Smithies was fantastic, the best we'd had for ages but i feel really confident that Lumley is just as good. Smithies gets singled out due to his penatly heroics but was also a good all rounder. Lumley is yet to show himself as good with penalties but his all round game is good. I'd disagree with a few of the people about his distribution, I think thats something he can work on, he's clearly comfortable with the ball at his feet though and is also clearly a confident lad. Confidence is often everything and if he keeps up playing with such confidence he'll just continue to grow. Delighted to see him come in and do so well, much like Charlie Austin and our striker merry go round since he left, I think filling smithies shoes seemed an impossible task to fill but Lumley is for filling that void and making it his own now.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
        Smithies was fantastic, the best we'd had for ages
        The best we've had since Green.

Comment

Best since Paddy and better than Green.

Comment

The poll options don't have my picks.

Both equally as good in their own way, but I guess Lumley edges it based on the fact he's our player and ruddy young!! That said, Smithies had an awful back four in fornt of him in previous year it seems (By awful, not organised), so was called into action more?

Cerny was a great lad and good keeper for us fyi

Comment

Green was shite

Comment

I voted Smithies. I think Lumley hasn't been tested yet. But I like Lumley too and he's better with crosses than Alex was.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Green was shite
                  Good Championship keeper Greeen. Also had a better clean sheet ratio for us than Smithies but we all know that can depend on a lot of factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

The best we've had since Green.
                    green was utter shyte
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

oops, been said already
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

After to disagree Mush. Green up there with worst keepers I have seen in goal for us. World class save one minute f ucking up and giving away a goal the next not good enough and was never that great at any previous. Example of everything which was wrong about the club few years back

Comment

Difference is Lumley hasn’t chased the money, he just wants to play football. Smithies is wasting his career now just don’t get why you wouldn’t want to play week in week out, a football career is short so play football. They get paid well enough not to have to sit on a bench when you are as good as he was.

Comment

To be fair to Smithies Kit he had played first team football outside the PL for a long period of time so you cannot blame him for getting his move. Lumley is starting out on his first team career so at a completely different stage and he too if a good servant to the club will get a decent move for himself in the future and no one could blame him. We had Smithies who was a good keeper for us and now have Lumley who is turning into a good keeper so lets respect both on merit. Just glad we no longer have Bloody Green!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Difference is Lumley hasn’t chased the money, he just wants to play football. Smithies is wasting his career now just don’t get why you wouldn’t want to play week in week out, a football career is short so play football. They get paid well enough not to have to sit on a bench when you are as good as he was.
                              To be fair, I would have imagned that Smithies would have thought he'd have a great chance of being a number 1 at a PL club.

As for chasing money. Has Lumley had any big money offers !!?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Best since Paddy and better than Green.
                                LOOOOOOL. Rate Lumley but r u mad. Green hugely underrated. Better than kenny . Got us promoted. Was quality when we went up. England squad. Green>kenny>lumley> smithies. Agree smithies overrated because of pens. Not surprised he’s not getting any games. JN

Comment

Working...
                                X