Play offs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Mitrovic went on loan to Fulham last year because he didn't fit Newcastle's play style in the Prem and he ended up killing it at championship and premier league level right now. Some players just don't fit in to the style of play, it's not that they aren't good enough.
    well he's goals ain't helping them yet, wouldn't say he's killing it in the prem yet either

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Mitrovic went on loan to Fulham last year because he didn't fit Newcastle's play style in the Prem and he ended up killing it at championship and premier league level right now. Some players just don't fit in to the style of play, it's not that they aren't good enough.
      Mitrovic had already scored about 10 goals in the PL at Newcastle. Certainly good enough for the PL. Agree that he's not a Benitez player though.

Hamed and Wells have probably only got about 2 between them...if that. Think they are much more suited to the Championship personally otherwise their clubs surely would have played them more than they have. Would also see if they can get 10+ goals for us at this level before even thinking about if they are good enough for PL.
      Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 30-11-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Not sure why Burnley let Wells go as none of their front players have the movement he does.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          No .....now lets not broach this subject again....

Btw the next 2 games are imo against teams who play like us.
          Saw Rotherham yesterday they are bouyant and
          they battle like we do and Adkins has got Hull going too
          6 points is not a given maids and that's not taking anything away from us

Agree. I'd rather not think about play offs. It jinxes it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Question is do we want to go up ? Will we be ready ? Can we withstand a slaughter in the Prem ? Might be better to finish 7th but give those who are aiming to go up a hard time.

You make a good point. But my opinion is that it's always good to go up. Even when not ready. The money(parachute payments) and exposure always helps. We could do with the money.

Comment

The money from the play offs would come in handy if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post

You make a good point. But my opinion is that it's always good to go up. Even when not ready. The money(parachute payments) and exposure always helps. We could do with the money.
                Yes would love us to go up and have another 40,000 of us at Wembley... but its the thought of spending an whole season screaming for the heads of whoever is running the club and being depressed for 10 months. Seen it all before and its not nice.
                The club need to convince us that THEY want to go up and do their damnedest to have a good season.

Comment

We are no way near good enough to make the play offs,even if we'd won yesterday I would have the same opinion,there are at least 10 teams better than us . The next 3 games will tell me how good we actually are,and if we can realistically hope to finish in a top half finish or still be fearful of a relegation battle ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    We are no way near good enough to make the play offs,even if we'd won yesterday I would have the same opinion,there are at least 10 teams better than us . The next 3 games will tell me how good we actually are,and if we can realistically hope to finish in a top half finish or still be fearful of a relegation battle ahead.
                    Although I agree we are probably not quite play off material we are comfortably mid table and able to compete with most teams on our day.

Comment

Would personally be amazed if we are in a relegation battle.

No chance for promotion or play-offs (IMO) but should expect a comfortable finish anywhere between 10-16.

Comment

Hoping for entertaining football..2-2...2-2...2-3

Stay up and be competitive. Not much to ask.

Comment

Working...
                        X