Play offs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Two big games this week against Rotherham and Hull in which we should be aiming for 6 points or certainly 4.

Momentum is massive and there’s a good feeling around the club right now and we could be a surprise package for the play offs. We would need to achieve 75–80 points to have any chance of securing a top 6 position.

We currently average around 1.5 points per game and as things stand we are course for 70 points. Anyone think we actually have a chance for a top 6 finish?
    Ignoring the first four games we have 27 points from 14 games which 1.92 points per game. If we continue that form over the next 28 games we'll end up with 81 points.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
      why not dream
      To dream is fine :-) Just don't believe / expect it to happen, so as to avoid the disappointment and depression if it doesn't.

Comment

Expectations.......here we go,think some are getting a little over excited !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Who cares LRL go up, bank the cash, clear the debts; if that means we get beat up one season I can take that if club comes out of it in healthier position. That season you do what Burnley did and make clever astute signings (like we have done with the loans) so your stronger following season
          Agree with that & although we are nowhere near ready to up would like money in the kitty.

Comment

Agree Jeff and don’t think we will but with three four games left if the opportunity is presented itself you take it with both hands

Comment

Who cares LRL go up, bank the cash, clear the debts; if that means we get beat up one season I can take that if club comes out of it in healthier position. That season you do what Burnley did and make clever astute signings (like we have done with the loans) so your stronger following season
              Exactly what I wanted to say. I'm just enjoying this spell and we can start to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Play offs will be occupied by the big spending teams ,Boro, Leeds ,Frank lampards Derby, Norwich ,west Bromwich and Villa ....we are doing great and exceeding expectations, a midtable finish is not beyond us .

Comment

Sounds good to me
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

At the start of the season the boards target was to survive so anything better than that is a good season. I am enjoying going to games and watching a team doing its best in every game we are now playing. If we hit top 10 that would a fantastic season.

Comment

I'll believe it if we can get more than 6 points against Leeds, Middlesborough and Villa in the next month.

Comment

Not sure about repaying the debts, keep low interest debts and bank the cash. Get some profitability on board to combat FFP, then spend the cash (wisely) on strengthening the squad. Otherwise you're spot on!

Comment

Whoa Maids, hold your horses there son. Mid table is realistic, top 10 would be massive.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agree 100%

Comment

Over the season I rate us to do quite well, draw away and win at home is a good recipe for success in this league. For me, our squad is showing signs of what it really needs to get out of this league, it isnt and never has been about the money you spend.

QPR, Norwich (And again this year), Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton, Blackpool, Swansea in the past have all shown that money doesnt always buy you league title. (I mean it helps..)

Just look at Stoke this season. Villa at slowly pulling it back. Forest season after season.

I just think if we did get into the play-offs, those teams in the current slots might have the edge on us. Although, stranger things have happened.

Comment

Will be delighted to finish top half as think we are just short of play off material right now. However it is great watching us right now and brilliant to see us winning points when behind in games.

Comment

Working...
                                X