Play offs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play offs?

Two big games this week against Rotherham and Hull in which we should be aiming for 6 points or certainly 4.

Momentum is massive and there’s a good feeling around the club right now and we could be a surprise package for the play offs. We would need to achieve 75–80 points to have any chance of securing a top 6 position.

We currently average around 1.5 points per game and as things stand we are course for 70 points. Anyone think we actually have a chance for a top 6 finish?

I think we are exceeding expectations and without wishing to be too pessimistic, believe that the January window lack of activity will hit us hard. We have 3 key players on 4 yellows (luongo, Lynch and Leistner) and have been fortunate so far with injuries

Mid table would be a great achievement

Comment

No .....now lets not broach this subject again....

Btw the next 2 games are imo against teams who play like us.
      Saw Rotherham yesterday they are bouyant and
      they battle like we do and Adkins has got Hull going too
      6 points is not a given maids and that's not taking anything away from us

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Anyone think we actually have a chance for a top 6 finish?
        Well yes. I mean there's always A CHANCE, because football is 'a funny old game'!

Comment

Not beyond the realms of possibility and we should be ambitious and aim for the top 6.

But in all honesty i'll be happy top half and over the moon Top 10.

Comment

I personally don’t think we will make the play offs but as things stand we are one of the in form teams in the league over a sustained period of time.

If we finish 10th then we have had a fantastic season let alone sneak a play off position.

I don’t think January will have a massove effect on us tbh. Injuries to key players would be the thing that derails our season.

Comment

Our position and results coming into the Christmas period is prime play off positioning and entitles us to at least dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                I think we are exceeding expectations and without wishing to be too pessimistic, believe that the January window lack of activity will hit us hard. We have 3 key players on 4 yellows (luongo, Lynch and Leistner) and have been fortunate so far with injuries

Mid table would be a great achievement
                The 3 on 4 yellows will be ok if not booked at Rotherham.

Comment

We're doing well enough but I think there are 6 better teams than us in this league. It's interesting that Norwich are the only team that hasn't got a "nosebleed" when they got near the top.... lots of other teams seemed to have crumbled and wobbled once they started looking like they were contenders.

Comment

Keep it real, people. There's a long long way to go.

Comment

No. I think games against Norwich, WBA, Derby and Villa showed they are way ahead of us. Top 10 would be great.

Comment

Just keep doing what we're doing and who knows. As has been said there are 6 teams better than us in the league on paper and we've been relatively injury and suspension free. Saw speculation earlier about Forest sniffing around Rangel for Jan. Freeman must be a target I imagine and isn't Mass out for a month in the Asian Cup?

Fantastic season so far, playing some good football and showing that we are hard to beat.

Comment

I think we will only get better as the squad gels further, why not dream, 6 points this week and who know’s.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Question is do we want to go up ? Will we be ready ? Can we withstand a slaughter in the Prem ? Might be better to finish 7th but give those who are aiming to go up a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Question is do we want to go up ? Will we be ready ? Can we withstand a slaughter in the Prem ? Might be better to finish 7th but give those who are aiming to go up a hard time.
                              Who cares LRL go up, bank the cash, clear the debts; if that means we get beat up one season I can take that if club comes out of it in healthier position. That season you do what Burnley did and make clever astute signings (like we have done with the loans) so your stronger following season

Comment

Working...
                              X