No announcement yet.

Linford Christie Stadium looks a non starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the beauty of Loftus Road is its location. Unless there are plans to improve the transport links considerably, I think this Linfold Christie idea will be unpopular. Many of us have trains to catch and long distances to cover
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Can’t we just swap the land?

Once stadium is built, they can knock down LR and build some “affordable housing”. *cough cough* The faster the stadium is up, the faster the new homes are.

Alternatively, we could argue about it for a couple of years, have a peoples vote and agree to stay where we are with safe standing, providing those from Northern Ireland are treated the same as everyone else and not fenced in.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Just pay for the land and stop farting about
        Yes, except the council are now saying it's worth "hundreds of millions of £s".

Comment

There going make more from selling LR

Comment

we missed the boat on the old white city stadium site
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

And bbc site other side of A40

Comment

Lee Hoos and a Labour council? He'll never understand them and they will find it hard to breathe the same air as him. We're not talking Bliar and the boy George here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Yes, except the council are now saying it's worth "hundreds of millions of £s".
                  The BBC site sold for £87m and was smaller. The Council don't want us in the borough because they can make more money in the short term developing sites.More money means bigger wages. They would be quite happy to see the locals gone and have people commuting into Central London. Bit like a lot of the locals from the Olympic Stadium now live in the Clacton area.

Comment

If we are not ready to pay for the site then our leaders can #### off. Embarrassing.

Comment

Think council are just saying we’re not going to sell cheap. Fair enough I think.

Comment

The owners can pay for the land , build the stadium and then build flats and houses on LR like Arsenal did and recoup much if not all of their costs.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Can’t we just swap the land?

Once stadium is built, they can knock down LR and build some “affordable housing”. *cough cough* The faster the stadium is up, the faster the new homes are.

Alternatively, we could argue about it for a couple of years, have a peoples vote and agree to stay where we are with safe standing, providing those from Northern Ireland are treated the same as everyone else and not fenced in.
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Think council are just saying we’re not going to sell cheap. Fair enough I think.
                            That piece of land (L C ) is never worth 100m where as L R as a walled estate is worth untold the council therefore are bigging up their side of a deal

Comment

Working...
                            X