QPR stadium at Linford Christie site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

That sounds like it to me. They're saying they want QPR to pay for the land and yes looks to me like they want a stake in the club as part of the deal. Which i doubt very much the owners will do. I agree on paying for the land though. Surely the sale of Loftus Road will compensate for that and some. Anyway i can't see this happening any time soon. At least not in the next 10 years as there will be objections left right amd centre.
    That's pretty much how I read it. But realistically, would we expect to get any plot of land without having to pay for it, even OOC? Stake in the club (or holding company)? That's another matter.

Perhaps a stake in a subsidiary of the holding company (or separate legal entity) specifically formed to buy and develop the plot? Possibly using the land as consideration for the stake in the subsidiary? Would that be worth a pursuing?

Comment

We've seen what happend to Wimbledon's plough lane ground and Coventry's old ground so don't believe QPRs owners won't do the same anything is possible where there's a pound note at stake in football .
      Back the council on this one after all they have had dealings with the owners

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
        Sounds like they are open to investment into the ground, but they are saying that they won't just give the land away. Why would they? Why should we make money from selling LR and then get LC site free. They have a lot of people paying council tax that wouldn't want that.

I quite like that they said about the fans getting some shares. Giving us protection; i can't see it happening though
        I bought shares in the club years ago ....... a fair amount of money ( for me ) . And they are worth absolutely f uck all now.
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Weve seen QPR try to bully CarGiant and that spectacularly failed . I dont think the council are being unreasonable in their approach here at all . The devil will be in the detail.
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Amit speaking about his love of Rangers and the LCS in the Standard today: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3997381.html

Comment

Working...
            X