Keeping Momentum Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Momentum Going

How best should the club look to keep the momentum of a good attendance level, for the next home game against Hull.

Is there any benefit in offering a 50% discount for fans who bought a match day ticket for Brentford, looking to buy for the Hull game? Thoughts.
    Gloucester R's - No Sheep Shagging Allowed

i think if we play the guy with gloves in goal, the 2 biggest lads at cb, 2 guys with the shiniest boots in midfield and 2 strikers up front, 1 fat 1 thin and a winger to take corners that we win then we should have a good chance imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucester_R View Post
      How best should the club look to keep the momentum of a good attendance level, for the next home game against Hull.

Is there any benefit in offering a 50% discount for fans who bought a match day ticket for Brentford, looking to buy for the Hull game? Thoughts.
      A few years ago England had a great deal where if you bought a ticket for San Marino at home you automatically qualified for cheaper and advance sale ticket for the match against Brazil. The former attracted a 90,000 crowd...

It has surprised me ever since that no, or few if indeed they have, clubs have taken this route to increase ticket sales for less glamorous fixtures.

Too late, of course, for us with this, or the Brentford, fixtures but we do have some big games coming up in the new year for which we could apply the same selling approach. It would definitely prove to be more popular than the 5 game package in my opinion.

Comment

Another 2 positive result in the next couple of away games and we'll have another big turn out.

Comment

The club does a flexi ticket deal that offers some kind of discount. Half seasons are available too with a discount if you would attend all the games.
          Let's be honest, we have a hardcore home support of about 12k with a floating home support of another 12k who never all attend at once, if we are doing well then we get bigger gates, it's the same all over the country bar the man uniteds and Liverpool and Chelseas etc, big difference is ours and most other clubs have real fans not glory hunters and tourists.

Comment

Question I would be asking as club is did the extra fans turn up because of the current good feel factor or because it was local derby

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
              The club does a flexi ticket deal that offers some kind of discount. Half seasons are available too with a discount if you would attend all the games.
              Let's be honest, we have a hardcore home support of about 12k with a floating home support of another 12k who never all attend at once, if we are doing well then we get bigger gates, it's the same all over the country bar the man uniteds and Liverpool and Chelseas etc, big difference is ours and most other clubs have real fans not glory hunters and tourists.
              It costs £250 to watch 12 games games from the crappiest seats in the ground and £305 if you want a decent one...

That still works out about £20 a match for the crap seats and £25 for the decent ones IF you attend all twelve matches.... We're in the 2nd division and those prices are not acceptable for a 'deal'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucester_R View Post

Thought Jeremy Corbyn was an R for a min, reading the title

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                  Let's see if those real fans turn up when we are on the inevitable losing streak that we'll hit.

Comment

Ever thought of helping out The Samaritans?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Let's see if those real fans turn up when we are on the inevitable losing streak that we'll hit.
                      If i could afford to go every home game i would believe me. Doesn't make me any less 'real' because i have to pick and choose when i can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

The point I'm making is some clubs are at capacity or near capacity all the time, glory hunters and tourists in alot of cases , most other clubs fluctuate with more attending when club doing well and as its been said some pick and choose due to cost of attending.

Comment

What about season ticket holders. The ones that turn up thick or thin. Would they be happy to see someone turn up at a cheaper cost than them. Perhaps QPR cash would be a better way as the club would only lose at cost price.

Comment

Working...
                          X