Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Women's team - a justifiable cost to the club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Womens sport is not on the up. It is ,again, a small majority of P.C. brigade making a lot of noise on social media but not putting their hands in their pockets.
    Most of the time school kids are given free tickets to boost the attendance figures.
    kids today eh,i only use to get a bottle of milk a day at school
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Womens sport is not on the up. It is ,again, a small majority of P.C. brigade making a lot of noise on social media but not putting their hands in their pockets.
      Most of the time school kids are given free tickets to boost the attendance figures.
      Another thing to remember is that there always were women's leagues which were financially sound: the era of the Doncaster Belles, for example.

As you say, at present you have a loud politically correct brigade who demand clubs and The FA pump money into something which generates little interest though the majority of them clearly put little money into it themselves. Now you've got nothing but loss making teams and leagues. The FA wants us to host the women's European Championships in a few years or so time, which will cost us about £10m or so by all accounts. This money would be better spent at grassroots level rather than on a vanity project that will be poorly attended and where thousands of free tickets will be given out to give it an appearance of being more popular than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Women’s football is awful. They want equally but they are simply not as good

Not sexist, it’s fact
        Some of them(us) are very, very skilled tecnically ,qpr.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          Well, women's sport in general is on the up. We need a women's team as when it gets mainstream hopefully we'll be there to reap the benefits.
          This.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

This.
            And yet no evidence is offered to suggest that it is on the up as a spectator sport....

England women's national team? Matches shown for free on Twitter struggling to reach 4 figured viewing audiences.

England vs Sweeden crowd? 9,561, less than all England U21 matches in the last 5-6 years.

Manchester United women vs Liverpool women? Crowd lower than Sutton United vs Boreham Wood.

Women's FA Cup Final? Thousands of free tickets given away to adults and all children tickets free: how much money do The FA lose every time the Women's FA Cup final is held?

QPR women? Less in attendance than Raynes Park Vale matches...

I can accept some people believe that, in answer to my initial question about it being a justifiable cost, it is worth us losing money for, but I can't accept outright lies being accepted as truths that as a spectator sport it is on the up. There is no evidence to suggest it is more than a very cultish, niche fanbase.

It has also peaked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37862713

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Should play woman’s games half hour after the men’s at Loftus Road and people can stay on and watch. Keep food outlets open so club is making money, I’m sure crowds would be better then what they currently get, fans would get more for their ticket, and girls would probably play better in front of bigger crowd
              I think that this is a reasonble idea, at least for some of the games. perhaps for some of the games as a trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

This.
                Was waiting for you to pop in and fight

Comment

According to Lee Hoos the cost of running the women's team doesn't effect FFP and is of no detriment to the club. Don't see a problem with it, it'll never replace or take priority over the men's first team, so don't see why we should deny women the opportunity to play football for QPR!

Comment

Ironically, the exposure the women's game is getting in the UK is largely down to the fact at the top level the BBC were priced out of the market.

Auntie has a massive agenda to push minority sports as from a media rights POV that is all they can afford. Their coverage of the women's game should not fool anyone into thinking that it's going to be the next big thing. Same with women's rugby and cricket. The strange thing is though that women's rugby at national level is of a higher standard relative to both the men's game and the best female sides in the world than the football women are, despite a relative lack of financial input. You wouldn't necessarily expect that given the physicality of the sport, but it's true. (Our GK looks like she could handle herself in the ruck no problem.)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Ironically, the exposure the women's game is getting in the UK is largely down to the fact at the top level the BBC were priced out of the market.

Auntie has a massive agenda to push minority sports as from a media rights POV that is all they can afford. Their coverage of the women's game should not fool anyone into thinking that it's going to be the next big thing. Same with women's rugby and cricket. The strange thing is though that women's rugby at national level is of a higher standard relative to both the men's game and the best female sides in the world than the football women are, despite a relative lack of financial input. You wouldn't necessarily expect that given the physicality of the sport, but it's true. (Our GK looks like she could handle herself in the ruck no problem.)
                      The BBC are clever, well, they think they are anyway, ... they stopped publishing attendance and TV viewing figures for most of the WPL a long, long time ago to help keep the myth of popularity alive.

Unfortunately, for them, if cameras are present it allows people to see for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Was waiting for you to pop in and fight
                        Que??

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

shania if u got great legs,join our ladies team,we back ya

Comment

personally think it's awful, I work with a yokel who is a Leeds fan (never been in his life) and a Chelsea Ladies fan. He has actually been to a few of their games (travelling 100's of miles to do so) Pervert I say
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

And yet no evidence is offered to suggest that it is on the up as a spectator sport....

England women's national team? Matches shown for free on Twitter struggling to reach 4 figured viewing audiences.

England vs Sweeden crowd? 9,561, less than all England U21 matches in the last 5-6 years.

Manchester United women vs Liverpool women? Crowd lower than Sutton United vs Boreham Wood.

Women's FA Cup Final? Thousands of free tickets given away to adults and all children tickets free: how much money do The FA lose every time the Women's FA Cup final is held?

QPR women? Less in attendance than Raynes Park Vale matches...

I can accept some people believe that, in answer to my initial question about it being a justifiable cost, it is worth us losing money for, but I can't accept outright lies being accepted as truths that as a spectator sport it is on the up. There is no evidence to suggest it is more than a very cultish, niche fanbase.

It has also peaked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37862713
                              There is plenty of evidence tbh with you and alot of what you have "stated as fact" is actually poor examples

England Vs Sweden was played in Rotherham and was a friendly, one of their last COMPETITIVE games in England at St Marys Southampton was against Wales and they had over 25,000 in attendance.

Man United women (founded 5 months ago) play in the championship against Liverpool (Fa Super League) was a cup game, and was played the same afternoon as Man United Mens team, so will will obviously have low attendance.

Womens FA Cup final had over 45,000 in attendance with free tickets given out yes but how many are given out for mens you reckon? baring in mind the FA only made 30,000 available to each team for the mens FA Cup final?

QPR women play in the third tier as part of the National League South and all players are part time and actually get paid less / same as hellenic level (so actually not really financially a burden on the club) the fact that QPR Women are potentially one of the bottom teams in that league would also explain why people don't go to watch, (see the drop in attendance at a mens game when QPR were in a relegation battle)

Chelsea FC Women vs Arsenal Women for example had an attendance of 2,020 which if you compare to Non League games nearly 1000 more than most.

I by no means suggest that the Women's game will ever be anywhere near the mens but at least use proper examples when trying to suggest it is a failing sport.

Comment

If they could play Swedish or Dutch women's football over here,I'd bl oody go every game,and take my own tissue

Comment

Working...
                                X