Ian Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

PS I would of thought you`d of had a bit more respect for our previous manager with being the website owner & hope you dont mind me asking.....how come you never are showing as online when youre posting?
    Just spotted this. I'm not so sure about respect for the previous manager as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including the Moderation and Admin team.

I do agree with you about being invisible, it's okay if your a member... however as a moderator or admin, we have no reason to be invisible and have asked the team many times to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Just spotted this. I'm not so sure about respect for the previous manager as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including the Moderation and Admin team.

I do agree with you about being invisible, it's okay if your a member... however as a moderator or admin, we have no reason to be invisible and have asked the team many times to change it.
      Lol. I couldn't give a monkeys if you do appear as INVISIBLE when you post Myu. Should that even bother anyone?!?!
      Managers (and players) earn respect for not only the job they do but how they do it. Holloway could have made it so much easier for himself had he had any vision and was less stubborn. Orchestrator of his own downfall.

Comment

Oh Holloway was so respectful to the fans wasn’t he!!!!!! Not

Comment

wrong. as website owner you're not entitled to an opinion on anything. you MUST have a cult like devotion towards everything and everyone at the club

Comment

Please could you post up the evidence, be it a text, a whatsapp message, a PM, or anything else that may exist that shows you asking just once, let alone “many” times.

I for one wasn’t even aware that any of us could be “invisible”.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Please could you post up the evidence, be it a text, a whatsapp message, a PM, or anything else that may exist that shows you asking just once, let alone “many” times.

You weren't aware probably because you couldn't see them.

Comment

So did he get the job or not?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  So did he get the job or not?
                  No

Comment

My last request was a few days ago just after your last post, which your unable to read now, and I have mentioned it in the past too. I can see anyone who is hidden, including moderators and admin.

As moderators we should be visible at all times, so members can see if one of us is online, they might want some help or want to ask a question, that's why we're here.

The reason why you didn't know about this is because you had nothing to hide, that's the very reason you didn't know about it.

If moderators have an issue with being visible, it's fine I won't force them to change as they might have a good reason. They can go back to being a member and we'll replace them with someone who don't have an issue with it, it's no big deal really.

Comment

My last request was a few days ago just after your last post, which your unable to read now, and I have mentioned it in the past too. I can see anyone who is hidden, including moderators and admin.

As moderators we should be visible at all times, so members can see if one of us is online, they might want some help or want to ask a question, that's why we're here.

The reason why you didn't know about this is because you had nothing to hide, that's the very reason you didn't know about it.

If moderators have an issue with being visible, it's fine I won't force them to change as they might have a good reason. They can go back to being a member and we'll replace them with someone who don't have an issue with it, it's no big deal really.
                      Is that a long winded way of saying you can’t provide the proof, as there isn’t any?

Nobody had anything to hide MYU. I was always perfectly happy to speak out, occasionally upsetting members in the process, in support of your policies. Getting on the wrong side of some posters was just something I had to accept was going to be inevitable, on the odd occasion, when I was asked to be a moderator. Was never a problem for me all the while I believed in what you were trying to achieve.

The only real problems occurred when, for reasons best known to yourself, you decided to break your own rules and allow people to make false accusations and tell blatant lies about those that had spent years supporting you and defending you against those that criticised you. You clearly don’t agree, but as I have mentioned to you on previous occasions, I think you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself for that, which is why I couldn’t carry on.

Finally, you ought to be aware that someone has changed your settings. Somebody has tried to send you a PM, but a box comes up saying that you have “chosen not to receive private messages”.

Surely you are not avoiding everyone now?

Comment

During your long absence MYU, we did ask several times to see if anything could be done about some of the annoying issues caused by the latest version of the vb upgrade. These include posts not updating correctly, DST settings not automatically changing, quote marks not appearing, amongst other things. (I can forward the whatsapp messages and replies from Alan, if required.)

Whilst Alan did some investigation, none of them have yet to be resolved as they appear to need action from the software provider.

Quite aside from being irritating, it could be yet another reason for the site being so quiet currently, as when the latest forum posts are showing as being early afternoon, it possibly stops people going into the threads.

Comment

in support of your policies.
                          I don't know the ins and outs of board politics, including this particular debate, but I do think complete transparency is important.

On another V.Bulletin forum I frequent - not a football related site - a lot of people were surprised to find out that essentially everything is visible to admin - edits, PMs, the lot. You can do this by addressing the database if you have access. Consider nothing secure once you are logged on, irrespective of Tor, VPN usage etc etc. I think these days such things should be made clear.

We have an awful lot of rules on here - possibly to protect an increasing amount of clickbait - but we know nothing at all about income generated, costs, data protection and so on. I'd be surprised if this place was minted, and if that is the case there are other ways of doing this as I'm sure MYU is aware.

The other place I mentioned has no advertising, we all chip in a small amount to cover costs, and the only rule is no direct person to person abuse. Been running happily for years and you can say what you like. People police themselves, on the whole. Different strokes.....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

I don't know the ins and outs of board politics, including this particular debate, but I do think complete transparency is important.

On another V.Bulletin forum I frequent - not a football related site - a lot of people were surprised to find out that essentially everything is visible to admin - edits, PMs, the lot. You can do this by addressing the database if you have access. Consider nothing secure once you are logged on, irrespective of Tor, VPN usage etc etc. I think these days such things should be made clear.

We have an awful lot of rules on here - possibly to protect an increasing amount of clickbait - but we know nothing at all about income generated, costs, data protection and so on. I'd be surprised if this place was minted, and if that is the case there are other ways of doing this as I'm sure MYU is aware.

The other place I mentioned has no advertising, we all chip in a small amount to cover costs, and the only rule is no direct person to person abuse. Been running happily for years and you can say what you like. People police themselves, on the whole. Different strokes.....
                            Totally agree with you Hal.

In fairness to MYU, as far as I am aware, moderation was only really required in the past due to the need to stop things such as swearing, dirty pics etc., because they were constantly being picked up by those that paid the ad revenue. Apart from his natural desire for common decency, I don’t think any of the issues were done for any reason other than that. People like Stanley, took it upon themselves to carry out various tidying up procedures, such as moving or merging threads and so on, in an effort to make it as user friendly as possible.

And quite frankly, almost every person on this forum behaves in such a way now as to render any form of moderation redundant. The admin team were more than anything just here to help posters out with tech issues and the like, rather than anything else. This is partly why I am so angry that such untruths have been allowed to go unchallenged. Despite that and apart from the loss of respect for one or two people within it, I still have no reason to believe that anyone should be concerned about anything underhand going on. Not least on my part, because I’m not in the least bit “techy”, as I’m sure others can confirm.

Comment

In terms of it being quiet my mobile really struggles with this site and a lot slower to load up on PCs since it was all changed around.

Plus people have less to moan about as we doing pretty well all things considered!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                In terms of it being quiet my mobile really struggles with this site and a lot slower to load up on PCs since it was all changed around.

Plus people have less to moan about as we doing pretty well all things considered!
                                It’s no exaggeration to say that we have pointed out these issues on many occasions, but kept being told that the new version is optimsed for use on mobile devices. It’s awful on my phone and the features don’t work correctly on the iPad. Couldn’t comment about PC’s or laptops as I don’t use them, but that comes as no surprise.

I find it really odd that it cost money to pay for the upgraded version, but nobody seems at all willing to correct the problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X