No announcement yet.

Ian Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought he did ok getting the club back to what it should be, ie playing youth and having that real team spirit. Fact of the matter is that he can only go so far in the Championship, mostly due to his own limitations.

Was the right decision to part ways and good luck to him in whatever he does. Undoubtedly forever an R in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

Haha almost gave up reading the rest when i reached his 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey .......there`s someone who cannot help his dislike shinning through......youre on planet cuckoo land if

you think that....he took over a club with such low moral and really poor confidence...and built all that back up and as stainrod says blooded the youngsters....and meanwhile improving us from the poor season before....how on earth

you can come out with he was worse beats me and is a embarrising statement.....Its great to see macs now improving things but mac didnt fancy his chances with the players ollie did ok with....but lets not forget the feel good factor and

teams confidence was picked up from ollies work....and now macs got 4 ex prem players adding to it

PS I would of thought you`d of had a bit more respect for our previous manager with being the website owner & hope you dont mind me asking.....how come you never are showing as online when youre posting?
      we also lost smithies, ned and robinson too in the summer though. macca has improved some of the players here since hes come in, most notably lynchy.

he brought in players that we needed. the only negative of macca's management so far (and its trivial at best!) is that youth players haven't been getting a proper run out as a sub when we've been in a position to do so

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

Haha almost gave up reading the rest when i reached his 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey .......there`s someone who cannot help his dislike shinning through......youre on planet cuckoo land if

you think that....he took over a club with such low moral and really poor confidence...and built all that back up and as stainrod says blooded the youngsters....and meanwhile improving us from the poor season before....how on earth

you can come out with he was worse beats me and is a embarrising statement.....Its great to see macs now improving things but mac didnt fancy his chances with the players ollie did ok with....but lets not forget the feel good factor and

teams confidence was picked up from ollies work....and now macs got 4 ex prem players adding to it

PS I would of thought you`d of had a bit more respect for our previous manager with being the website owner & hope you dont mind me asking.....how come you never are showing as online when youre posting?
        He was responsible for the poor season before. We were mid table when he arrived and nearly took us down with his losing runs, 11 months without an away win etc. Could hardly have farked it up any more if he had set out to do so.

We only improved in his second season after someone either had a strong word or effectively took control. Same about the youngsters. They only got proper game time once changes were made.

SM, despite poor start, big upgrade. Team much more solid, well set up. Lynch big improvement, Pawel looking good, new signings done well. All that against all last season's defence having gone save Bidwell and Furlong (who has been out injured).

Loved Ollie's first spell in charge, despite circumstances. Second spell we got off lightly. Appalling appointment.

Says it all really when he touts about his availability the only interest we are aware of is bottom part of League One. That basically says how the footballing world sees him. Wish him well but he has been on a downer for some years now and probably about right level for him these days.

Comment

I've got no issue with Holloway. The club brought him in and they knew what they were getting. Things are working out much better now, we've secured the training ground, McClaren seems to have them team up and running, no need to be bitter about Holloway. Things can still go horribly wrong for us, we have key players which are only on loan, a transfer embargo and a hefty fine hanging over our head...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Maybe, he wasn't popular there at all as a player though.
            Well there you go Bri, he won't be popular as a manager either! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              The saddest thing about his second stint as manager is how my fond memories of him as a QPR player and then manager (2001-06) were tarnished, even though I will always appreciate him for those times. But 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey if I'm perfectly honest. Only Hughes was worse in recent times. I disagree he was appointed as a 'stop gap'. I just think it was the totally wrong appointment - a decision based more on sentiment than reason. It goes without saying that I wish him well and bear him zero animosity though, because as others have said, he's a very likeable chap and loves the club.
              I normally agree with you Stanley but don't agree he has been tarnished or indeed did a bad job. He gave us a bit of pride and fight at least.

Comment

Well, be boring if we agreed on everything Croys :-)

Comment

League one or two is his level these days. So a decent job for Ollie and I wish him luck.
                  agree.

He should take the job on if offered and he wants to keep on managing.

Comment

Well, be boring if we agreed on everything Croys :-)
                    Tis true Stan.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I normally agree with you Stanley but don't agree he has been tarnished or indeed did a bad job. He gave us a bit of pride and fight at least.
                      Pride and fight can’t argue with that at all but her served up the most dull, awful and direct footie I can recall. People desperately tried defend the direct stuff to Smith last year saying it was not all that bad and we played nice stuff (which I personally never accepted) but compare it to what we’re watching now, it’s chalk and cheese

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Pride and fight can’t argue with that at all but her served up the most dull, awful and direct footie I can recall. People desperately tried defend the direct stuff to Smith last year saying it was not all that bad and we played nice stuff (which I personally never accepted) but compare it to what we’re watching now, it’s chalk and cheese
                        There were brief moments only I agree but the point I was making was I don't accept he did that bad a job all things considered. I'm still quite fond of IH and unlike some on here I am not quite so quick to dismiss everything he did now that things have improved.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

There were brief moments only I agree but the point I was making was I don't accept he did that bad a job all things considered. I'm still quite fond of IH and unlike some on here I am not quite so quick to dismiss everything he did now that things have improved.
                          Yep got agree Jack never quite what pinky thought ! But never in a million years did he deserves anywhere near the abuse ie the idiot Hollowhead a cutn clueless ect we was on a titanic trip he slowed that trip down

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

This.

Comment

I think he'll do a good job, he has got promoted with his teams so 'Good Luck' to him, and hope he proves some people wrong along the way.

Comment

Wimbledon and Holloway look like a good fit. Direct football is Olli`s speciality.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X