No announcement yet.

Ian Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The saddest thing about his second stint as manager is how my fond memories of him as a QPR player and then manager (2001-06) were tarnished, even though I will always appreciate him for those times. But 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey if I'm perfectly honest. Only Hughes was worse in recent times. I disagree he was appointed as a 'stop gap'. I just think it was the totally wrong appointment - a decision based more on sentiment than reason. It goes without saying that I wish him well and bear him zero animosity though, because as others have said, he's a very likeable chap and loves the club.
    Last edited by Stanley; 13-11-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Did a good job for us,we finished 16th which was beyond expectations and 13 points safe from relegation, I wish him well in whatever appointment he gets

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        we finished 16th which was beyond expectations
        Who's expectations Rebel? Certainly not the club's. JFH was sacked because the board felt that the team were underachieving based on the quality of the squad and money they'd spent. They believed we were capable of challenging for the play-offs, so they appointed Holloway because they believed he could achieve that with us. Don't take my word for this though, it is all on record if you go back and read the club's statements and interviews at the time - particularly the ones coming from the DoF.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Who's expectations Rebel? Certainly not the club's. JFH was sacked because the board felt that the team were underachieving based on the quality of the squad and money they'd spent. They believed we were capable of challenging for the play-offs, so they appointed Holloway because they believed he could achieve that with us. Don't take my word for this though, it is all on record if you go back and read the club's statements and interviews at the time - particularly the ones coming from the DoF.
          Olly was working under different circumstances to previous managers due to ffp .He got rid of big earners and blooded all the youngsters , I think he did what was asked of him and it was the right time to hand it over to a better coach in McLaren .I wish him all the best ,there is no doubting he loves QPR.

Comment

I don't dispute any of that Stainrod. Simply going by what the club actually stated at the time of his appointment.

Comment

Good luck to him and I would still like to buy his authobiography.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

League 1 is about his level. Will probably suit Wimbledon, be like the old days!

Comment

I don't dispute any of that Stainrod. Simply going by what the club actually stated at the time of his appointment.
                  tbh though pretty much every club says the exact same thing when they appoint a new manager.

ollie did what could realistically expected of him, i reckon he'll do well at wimbledon

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    League 1 is about his level. Will probably suit Wimbledon, be like the old days!
                    Maybe, he wasn't popular there at all as a player though.

Comment

The saddest thing about his second stint as manager is how my fond memories of him as a QPR player and then manager (2001-06) were tarnished, even though I will always appreciate him for those times. But 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey if I'm perfectly honest. Only Hughes was worse in recent times. I disagree he was appointed as a 'stop gap'. I just think it was the totally wrong appointment - a decision based more on sentiment than reason. It goes without saying that I wish him well and bear him zero animosity though, because as others have said, he's a very likeable chap and loves the club.

Haha almost gave up reading the rest when i reached his 2nd time round he proved an even worse manager than JFH and Ramsey .......there`s someone who cannot help his dislike shinning through......youre on planet cuckoo land if

you think that....he took over a club with such low moral and really poor confidence...and built all that back up and as stainrod says blooded the youngsters....and meanwhile improving us from the poor season before....how on earth

you can come out with he was worse beats me and is a embarrising statement.....Its great to see macs now improving things but mac didnt fancy his chances with the players ollie did ok with....but lets not forget the feel good factor and

teams confidence was picked up from ollies work....and now macs got 4 ex prem players adding to it

PS I would of thought you`d of had a bit more respect for our previous manager with being the website owner & hope you dont mind me asking.....how come you never are showing as online when youre posting?

Comment

Powerrangers, as stated, I like Ollie a lot as a person and have great admiration for what he's done in the past for us as a player and manager first time round. Have always felt that way and wish him the very best. As a proud R if I met him on the street I'd want to shake his hand and tell him that. He was just the wrong appointment for our club 2nd time IMO. These are two entirely different things, and if you can't see the difference (or choose not to believe it) then any further discussion on it is futile.

Comment

Powerrangers, as stated, I like Ollie a lot as a person and have great admiration for what he's done in the past for us as a player and manager first time round. Have always felt that way and wish him the very best. As a proud R if I met him on the street I'd want to shake his hand and tell him that. He was just the wrong appointment for our club 2nd time IMO. These are two entirely different things, and if you can't see the difference (or choose not to believe it) then any further discussion on it is futile.

Well fair enough...personally think he was exactly what we needed at the time...but respect youre views thanks....

Just one thing you did`nt manage to answer me & thought id make you aware incase you did`nt know....but you`re always showing as offline even when you post?! thought i`d make you aware of this.....

Comment

Originally posted by powerrangers View Post
                            you`re always showing as offline even when you post?! thought i`d make you aware of this.....
                            I think that's just the user settings in your profile. You can adjust it to appear online or offline.

Comment

Should stick with the safe job he has got doing punditry otherwise it will all end in tears. His managerial days are behind him.

Comment

Wimbledon would be a cracking job for him or anybody else keep them up this year then build a side for their new stadium

Comment

Working...
                                X