Great SMC stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    I think it's amazing and the football has been great to watch. Away days are so much better once again!
    Great to see you back as we've all been very concerned. Hope you have got over your serious health problems
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      He has done a fantastic job obviously, but he's also a class act. Proper professional who is a genuine bloke and doesn't make excuses or try to pass the buck when things go wrong, and equally doesn't try to big himself up and take all the plaudits when things go well. He has integrity and a lot of other managers could take note.

I always wanted him to one day come back to us after we played so well when he was coaching the side under Redknapp (or as Harry would like the media to believe all down to him of course), and then proved his class yet again when turning Derby's season completely and we saw the negative effect on our performance throughout that season. Obviously it culminated in us robbing his team at Wembley having been totally outclassed, but the residing memory I have was after the game when the TV reporters were interviewing Tony Fernandes Steve walked past and even when he must have been absolutely gutted, he took the time to come up and congratulate Tony, who he obviously had a relationship and respect for from his time at QPR that season and called him boss. What a class thing to do and sums him up imo.

Top, top coach who is widely regarded by people in the game as one of the very best. That's where he's in his element. He improves players and develops styles of play. He's been slated and ridiculed as a manager in the past, but he's also worked wonders against the odds at Middlesbrough, FC Twente, Derby etc. We are now very lucky to have him and he is perfect for developing our younger players. One example of that is generally overlooked now, but remember when he let Manning go out on loan many slated the decision.... well now we are flying and clearly Steve knew what we had in the group and what he maybe wanted to bring in with Cameron and clearly thought he'd have very limited opportunities this season, so instead granted the loan. Manning has I think been an ever present for Rotherham and has been playing well and a key player for them taking pens and dead balls. By playing week in, week out it will help his game and in the long run help us. Win win.
      Top post mate

Comment

He can't be that good he keeps picking Eze doesn't he FFS

Comment

Working...
        X