Message to Stadium Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

People didn't stand around having a beer and watching the telly then Stan, and we didn't have betting kiosks either. It needs someone with an O level to work out we need to keep a walkway clear of obstructions - move the gates forward and site the 'attractions' in the space created. No one from the club will come to see. It doesn't affect them.
    The beer part is important.

The law about drinking in view of the pitch is from another era and seriously needs addressing. If we were treated like grown ups people would be able to buy beer throughout the whole afternoon and we would instantly lose the congestion caused by the mad scramble to get some within a 15 minute window.

Secondly, do we really need so many food options at a football match? Most people will eat away from the ground before the match, anyway, and I'm sure those who don't only really want the historically successful at a football match items such as pies, chips and tea/coffee.

Finally, give people a reason to stay in their seats at half-time. The Forever R's club induction is normally watched by a quarter of the home crowd - if that - because it is simply a few stupid questions aimed at someone who, 9 times out of ten, few actually regard as a QPR legend and who possibly wouldn't be there if the offer of a free day out with a meal/drink hadn't been made.

Have a proper interview with a proper legend with old footage on the big screen being talked through by the inductee. Watching Ernie Howe look bored, Darren Peacock looking like he can't wait to get back to his pint or a one time bit-part player not convinced that anyone will remember him hitting the post against Charlton Athletic is not entertainment.

Comment

It was chaos on the concourse in the SAR at half time on Saturday as well.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

i had to show ticket to get in, then to get past stewards to stairs, then when they came up and again at half time, it was like a brexit control post!!! then the ####s stand on the stairs they are meant to keep clear???

Comment

My brother was sat in x block, officially. He didn't know how far down his seat was down the isle but had to show it to three people. He was with 4 kids and 1 other adult. All of the stewards said he needs to go up x block and then work his way down. His seat was 1 away from the isle at W. He was forced to go through all the crowd to get to his seat, annoying everyone. While also having to battle past the bar enough. It was a complete nightmare for him.

Comment

I've passed all these issues on to the club. So at least they are aware of them now and let's hope something can be done about it.

Comment

Is it me or are these problems mainly prevalent for those heading to or sitting in X and Y block?
              It seems to me they are going out of their way to try and deliberately antagonise supporters in that area,definitely nowhere near the amount of stewards we have to contend with anywhere else in the ground.

Comment

Guessing that is because too many people are trying to go there and not actually being at their proper seat?

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post
                  Is it me or are these problems mainly prevalent for those heading to or sitting in X and Y block?
                  It seems to me they are going out of their way to try and deliberately antagonise supporters in that area,definitely nowhere near the amount of stewards we have to contend with anywhere else in the ground.
                  I'd say SpongeParr is correct and it is solely a consequence of concerns that the 'standing section' nature of Y Block encourages/allows people without tickets in that section to go there.

Is there an argument that the club should be investigating the possibility of a 'safe-standing' section there?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    I've passed all these issues on to the club. So at least they are aware of them now and let's hope something can be done about it.
                    Have since had some positive feedback from the club on this. They are grateful for it and seem keen to tackle these issues, so let's hope we see some improvements.

Comment

Gave up on anything at HT in ellerslie years ago, some need to realise that it's just not worth it. The problem is not unique to us, most away games getting a beer or food before game is OK but at half time it can be actually dangerous, big stadiums like Liverpool and Newcastle are awful at half time, Newcastle was shocking a couple of years ago and we only had 600 there who pretty much all went to toilet at half time, got abit frightening for kids in the crush.

Comment

Forgot to add, never any hassle in paddock.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Forgot to add, never any hassle in paddock.
                          I've been in the Padock 3 times (all in the tail-end of 93/94 after The Loft closed) but can't remember how the facilities work down there. Do east and west paddocks share facilities or does each have it's own? If the latter, it must be the easiest place at half-time to have a #### and pint in the whole ground!

Comment

Each has its own. Plenty toilets and a decent sized catering outlet. Downside is no TV screens, I Emailed club about it but no reply. My suggestion was stick a pound on everyone's season ticket in paddock and 2 screens covered simples!!!
                            Other downside is rain and also sun in your eyes, ellerslie is facing right way to avoid afternoon sun.

Comment

Working...
                            X