Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smyth

needs to get out on loan ASAP. Watched U23 game yesterday and nothing went right for him. Seemed to be trying desperately hard and getting very frustrated. Needs a fresh start and nowhere near first team selection here I fear. Still think he’s got s future here though.

The poor lad was massively over hyped when he arrived, such was the drought in any type of quality under Ollie. We were thirsty for anything resembling football ability on or off the pitch and a few people got completely carried away, to the extent of querying SMac when he left Smyth out.

He is going to need time, here or elsewhere. My waters also tell me that it would be a mistake getting shot of big Smith, he still offers a decent plan B under a manager who recognises how to impliment it. Its not like there's gang of proven goal scorers on the bench.

Comment

We could loan him out and then people can keep on asking why and can we get him back a.l.a. Manning.

Comment

Must be honest, I secretly thought we had the new George Best. Well, I'd convinced myself he could be. From Belfast(?), tricky, slight but wirey and tough, scores/d goals...all the signs were there

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
          Must be honest, I secretly thought we had the new George Best. Well, I'd convinced myself he could be. From Belfast(?), tricky, slight but wirey and tough, scores/d goals...all the signs were there
          He needs to drink more.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

He needs to drink more.
            Haha. Bring back Caulker as mentor

Comment

Agree on a loan move but in the meantime, the only way he is going to get game time is if he does well in training / U23s.

The fact he's not getting near the first team could also indicate a step up in quality in the competition for his position or simply that others have impressed SMC more perhaps.

Comment

Fans were foaming at the mouth at the idea of smyth being loaned out at the start of the season so the club didn’t do it . Seems now it’s the best thing that happen for the lad .

Comment

Goal posts have moved though. Most people would have thought that he would be in and around the first team but clearly he isn't going to be, so now it makes sense. Signings of Hemed and Wells probably pushed him further down the pecking order too.

I didn't want him to go at the start of the season, as I thought he would be playing more. But, he isn't so maybe he isn't as good as I first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    Fans were foaming at the mouth at the idea of smyth being loaned out at the start of the season so the club didn’t do it . Seems now it’s the best thing that happen for the lad .
                    And if we were in the bottom 3 right now I'd bet there would be fans foaming at the mouth to have him in the first team.

Comment

Or it could be there's something between him and S Mc

Comment

Working...
                      X