First trip to Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip to Loftus Road

Hello all! I'm making my first trip to England and purchased tickets to go to the game Saturday against Brentford. Any tips on local pubs before/after the game that I should definitely check out?

there are lots of pubs near the ground that supporters use. belushi's (opposite shepherds bush station) is the away fans pub though so i'd avoid that one!

if you come in at shepherds bush tube station then simply turn right (if you're coming via overground then just cross the road) and then right again past londis amd keep on walking, theres a few pubs near there like 'the green' which is about a 3-5 minute walk from the tube station. you have to have qpr gear on or tickets to go in though.

before that though theres a kebab shoo called harana's which does the best adana kebabs ever, theres also westfields left of shepherds bush tube station too which has loads of shops and food places.

further down from the green is the white horse pub, another fan pub. theres a pub on south africa road right by the stadium too called the queens head which tends to be fairly busy on match days, tbh they all are. the stadium serves alcohol too but you can't take alcohol into the stands. enjoy your day in w12!

Comment

think u may be shocked at beer price in blighty
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by CincyHoop View Post
        Hello all! I'm making my first trip to England and purchased tickets to go to the game Saturday against Brentford. Any tips on local pubs before/after the game that I should definitely check out?
        Churchills in Notting Hill. Proper pub with low life (me) mixing with the hooray henry types (Hubs) Making my first visit this season too
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Enjoy the game. I recommend checking out Westfield’s before you come to the game
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Conningham on Uxbridge Rd full of Rangers or the Crown & Sceptre.

Have a great time mate and hope we do the business for you ( I think we will!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              I was paying $12 a bottle in NYC last week! Just over £9.00 at The Beer Bar near GCT.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all of the recommendations! I'm curious to see the differences between hitting the bars before an NFL rivalry game compared to a QPR game! I will definitely be popping into some pubs pre and post match. So if you see a confused American in a Scowen jersey from last year, feel free to say hi!

Comment

What part of the ground are you sitting Cincyhoop. How long you here for?

Comment

South Africa Stand, block F.

I arrive Thursday early AM and depart Monday morning.

Comment

why do you support qpr? do you have family ties to the club?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                        £3.60 a pint of Guinness in white horse. More than reasonable these days.

Comment

Cinci hoop. I’m up in Columbus, got a couple or Rangers fans up here, many others in Bengal country?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            why do you support qpr? do you have family ties to the club?
                            I didn’t really have a team but didn’t necessarily want to follow my friends and picking a big club. Watched the four year plan back when I was in college and chose based on that! Been following for about 5 years ish.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
                              Cinci hoop. I’m up in Columbus, got a couple or Rangers fans up here, many others in Bengal country?
                              There is a very small contingent down here. Handful at most.

Comment

Working...
                              X