Recall Manning in January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall Manning in January?

Not sure if even possible, and no point if we are floating about in mid-table. If we are still in and around the play-off places though come January I hope they bring him back, looks a better option than Scowen or Cousins, and if there is a chance of getting in that top 6 why not give it our best shot. Might be the closest thing to a signing we get until the summer

It definitely is possible but I’m not sure if we should. He’s doing very well & so are we
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

What makes any body think Wells Freeman or luongo or Scowens couldn't have put away 2 pens ¡

Comment

His long term development and our long term benefit of him is served better if he stays at Rotherham. He’s getting games scoring goals and learning the game at the highest level. No point him coming back sitting on bench and getting 20mins here and there

Smyth should be sent out in Jan too if we look safe as he’s wasted three months of the season doing nothing.

Comment

He is doing great at our rivals Rotherham, it's a no brainer, leave him there to help them stay up

Comment

Bring him back. Why should a rival get the benefit of one of our players when he can boost the U23s?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Bring him back. Why should a rival get the benefit of one of our players when he can boost the U23s?
              Because playing at Rotherham will do much more for him than playing in our U23's. Think long term here, not just season where we'll likely finish mid table - with or without him.

Comment

Overall a better player and offers more than Scowen. So yes, bring him back and give them Scowen instead, if need be. No brainer IMO.

Comment

It’s maclarens call , if he thinks manning is now ahead of cousins or Scowen then yes he should bring him back . Also if freeman were to leave in January we should definitely bring him back ,but if not leave him there to keep improving rather than knocking around in our u23 spuad and going stale .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    He is doing great at our rivals Rotherham, it's a no brainer, leave him there to help them stay up
                    Rotherham are our rivals? Have you looked at the table recently?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Rotherham are our rivals? Have you looked at the table recently?
                      Of course I have,6 points at the moment but I'm looking at the bigger picture,a long season still ahead of us and we certainly aren't safe from being involved in a relegation fight towards the end. I don't want Ryan Manning keeping them up at our expense

Comment

If we were stuck in mid-table with no real prospect of going up or down then I'd say leave him there. That was my opinion when he first went there as well. But if we are in with a shout of making top 6 I would like to see him back

Comment

Ryan Manning has scored a couple of pens for them and all of a sudden we should recall him? Not sure he's any better than Scowen tbh.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

100% better player than Scowen who in my opinion is the player who should be nowhere a starter for us. Very limited and we play at a much slower pace when he is on the field

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninja View Post
                              ryan manning has scored a couple of pens for them and all of a sudden we should recall him? Not sure he's any better than scowen tbh.
                              loooooool has the sun got to your head. Levels between them. Scowen is a liability. Manning is one of our most talented players. Jn

Comment

Working...
                              X