• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post
    ​​​​​​

I don't blame the locals for fighting but I'm glad we've finally won. Hopefully the community will benefit more than Northolt has from the new Middlesex FA HQ at rectory park.

Anyone on here involved in construction? - when could we realistically be looking at building starting and the project being finished?
    If they haven't got plans detailed enough ready after 7 years, then i'd be surprised. Just depends if the weather is ok to build right now, bit of sh1t time of year to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    ​​​​​​

I don't blame the locals for fighting but I'm glad we've finally won. Hopefully the community will benefit more than Northolt has from the new Middlesex FA HQ at rectory park.

Anyone on here involved in construction? - when could we realistically be looking at building starting and the project being finished?

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    For record, this is wonderful news for the future of 'R' beautiful club

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    YES! Brilliant! I hope the construction work now starts sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    At last!

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Good news.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    This is great news. Now lets get that first spade in the ground. Wouldn't surprise me though if the local ruffian ar$eh0les try and sabotage building progress just for the hell of it. Must be Brentford fans.

Leave a comment:

• Artful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Artful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Not over yet from what I've heard, .......Swampy has come out of retirement and been
    seen in the area carry a shovel!

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    The protesters will now probably chain themselves to trees.

Leave a comment:

• corbray
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Is building an academy a crime against humanity?
    in todays age it very well could be to some people!

looks like its finally done though, get in!!!

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Good news. Article seems a bit one sided though. How about a balanced view rather than one designed to incite the natives?

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    BOSH! Get in there!

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    The battle to save Warren Farm appears to have been finally lost. The Supreme Court of the UK has ruled against the appeal being made by the Save Warren Farm (SWF) group to prevent public land being leased by Ealing Council to QPR for use as a multi-million pound training facility.

The decision was welcomed by Council leader Julian Bell as 'excellent news. The Council claim the football club will invest millions of pounds into community sports facilities and a sports development programme.

SWF have been arguing for the last five years that the plan to lease 61 acres of publicly-owned community sports fields between Hanwell and Southall for 200 years at no rent to a privately owned company is effectively 'giving away' public land. They also claim QPR will make around £4 million from the scheme. It is believed that the appeal to the Supreme Court was the last legal recourse for the campaign.

They had the support of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE). Alice Roberts from CPRE said, ''This is London’s open green space and Ealing Council should not be enabling this large development, so damaging to the landscape. Leasing the land rent-free to a private company for 200 years is astonishing.......... More on website .

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default...ber2018001.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X