Warren farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren farm

Good morning chaps. I've tried to keep people up-to-date with regards to the training ground and moving into warren farm. As we know this has been a headache for all rangers fans and the community where the majority are all for it. Well we've been to high court and yet they keep taking it further and now its gone to the supreme court. I know a woman that works for the council and she is extremely high up. She has always been pro for it. Well the good news its yesterday the supreme court has backed our plans and thrown the case out. We should very shortly hear the good news that work can take place. It really is the end of the road for this pitch folk brigade so good news
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Brilliant.

Comment

Incredible news, this is HUGE!

I'm happy for the club, but I'll be honest I am more happy for Uncle Tony. Hopefully he gets some nice tweets once announced? ;-)

Comment

What great news! Something good is starting to happen

Comment

great news if true! ty for letting us know. is it well and truly the end of the road then or can a man and his dog take the appeal even higher, like to the eu courts?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            great news if true! ty for letting us know. is it well and truly the end of the road then or can a man and his dog take the appeal even higher, like to the eu courts?
            Is building an academy a crime against humanity?

Comment

Good. Hope the small vocal minority lost a fortune. The professional campaigners will have to move on to another stupid complaint and get their dole money paid elsewhere.

Comment

The battle to save Warren Farm appears to have been finally lost. The Supreme Court of the UK has ruled against the appeal being made by the Save Warren Farm (SWF) group to prevent public land being leased by Ealing Council to QPR for use as a multi-million pound training facility.

The decision was welcomed by Council leader Julian Bell as 'excellent news. The Council claim the football club will invest millions of pounds into community sports facilities and a sports development programme.

SWF have been arguing for the last five years that the plan to lease 61 acres of publicly-owned community sports fields between Hanwell and Southall for 200 years at no rent to a privately owned company is effectively 'giving away' public land. They also claim QPR will make around Ł4 million from the scheme. It is believed that the appeal to the Supreme Court was the last legal recourse for the campaign.

They had the support of the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE). Alice Roberts from CPRE said, ''This is London’s open green space and Ealing Council should not be enabling this large development, so damaging to the landscape. Leasing the land rent-free to a private company for 200 years is astonishing.......... More on website .

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default...ber2018001.htm

Comment

BOSH! Get in there!

Comment

Good news. Article seems a bit one sided though. How about a balanced view rather than one designed to incite the natives?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Is building an academy a crime against humanity?
                      in todays age it very well could be to some people!

looks like its finally done though, get in!!!

Comment

The protesters will now probably chain themselves to trees.

Comment

Not over yet from what I've heard, .......Swampy has come out of retirement and been
                          seen in the area carry a shovel!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X