Luongo or Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo or Freeman

With the financial situation what it is, a lot of speculation is making the rounds about some of our best players being sold in the January transfer window. The two most mentioned players are Luongo and Freeman. Personally, I'd rather sell Luongo than Freeman. To be fair, I would prefer not to sell any one of these two. They are so important to the team. However, Luongo is more replaceable than Freeman. Cousins was doing well before he was dropped and there's also Scowen, who lost his place to Cameroon. We do have Eze as a playmaker, but he is nowhere near Freeman in terms of working, tackles, defending etc. I am sure he will be a great player Eze, but still, have a lot to learn. To end my concerns, it will be much wiser from the club to make some money by getting rid of some fringe players, the likes of Sylla and maybe Smith. Even Goss seems a long way from the first team. We are doing well atm, and if we continue doing well until the end of the year, who knows what will happen by the end of the season. If we continue to gain the number of points per fifteen games that we collected so far, it will take us near the 70 points that could take us to the playoffs! Now that will be a nice dream!

I'd put Freeman 1st every day for the simple reason he never hides always looks for the ball even when he isn't getting things right or there has been little or no movement in front of him unlike luongo's habit of being noticable by his absence

Comment

i would sell freeman and re invest the money in player
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Keep Freeman more creative and an all round better player

Comment

I had this debate the other day with a few people on here plus a few friends in the pub.

It's tough one for me, because on paper the stats that people care most about are goals and assists so therefore Freeman is more valuable. (I cant defend that)

Saying that, Luongo is a workhorse and complements a side very well. He's a box to box type of player and may not provide the final assist but he's the one breaking up and starting play, as well giving the ball to Freeman who will provide that all important assist.

I think we'd lose more if Luongo left personally, not to mention he's an ideal captain too.

Comment

A lot of speculation making the rounds? Or is It just home grown?

Comment

don't forget manning if we sell manning.JN

Comment

You can only sell what people are willing to buy and I haven't heard of anyone lining up to buy Mass lately.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  don't forget manning if we sell manning.JN
                  Pardon? Keeping your chewits and eating them?

Comment

We'll be top of the league by 31 Dec so we won't want to sell anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

Pardon? Keeping your chewits and eating them?
                      not a laughing matter.JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

not a laughing matter.JN

Comment

Working...
                        X