Darnell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnell...

We all agree that the past few weeks have helped salve the wounds of so many frustrating seasons, and that McLaren is doing a whale of a job with a club that is under a trade embargo and financially handcuffed. The temptation here is to change nothing moving forward (i.e., the starting XI lineup). I get it. But if Darnell is healthy and ready, how do you keep him on the bench? The answer is obvious. Platoon Rangel, Furlong, and Bidwell. The latter IMHO remains the weakest link in our back four; Bids is an average defender, but totally lacks touch and pace moving forward. When we have the ball on the left side you never ever get the feeling that Bids is going to make something happen. Given Darnell pre-injury looked like our best defender let's hope our skipper chooses well in the weeks ahead.

don't change a winning team. as much as i love darnell it'd be mad and unfair to drop rangel or any of the back 4 after recent performances and results

Comment

Darnell has to earn his was back in, a tough ask when you consider how good Rangel has been. Wouldn't change a thing as it stands.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Don't agree that Bidwell is a weak link one bit. Solid defender IMO, which is more important first and formemost than having a silky touch further up the field.

Comment

If Furlong replaces Bidwell then you fall back into the Holloway era of playing people out of position. It will be a while before Furlong is match fit and Rangel will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Could also cover CB as Baptiste has lost it and Hall may never recover properly

Comment

Absolutely no chance Furlong will be replacing Rangel at this time. Even Steve would know that. Just because Furlong is fit doesn't mean he walks back into the team. I could understand if we were playing badly and whoever was playing right back was doing a bad job but for me there is no way Furlong would be able to play to the standard Rangel has been playing lately.

Comment

Furlong will emerge as a centre back. Good in the air and quick. Good athlete. So much depends on keeping Rangel.....he may not want to stay? A coaching role in Spain? Who knows?

Comment

a mate of mine watched the villa game on tv , he asked me how bidwell gets in the team . in my opinion he is very fortunate to start for us , love rangel tho , he looks comfortable on the ball , doesn't panic and finds the pass

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  If Furlong replaces Bidwell then you fall back into the Holloway era of playing people out of position. It will be a while before Furlong is match fit and Rangel will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Could also cover CB as Baptiste has lost it and Hall may never recover properly
                  Is playing a RB at CB not playing someone out of position ?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    a mate of mine watched the villa game on tv , he asked me how bidwell gets in the team
                    Probably because he is part of a back 5 who have let in 1 goal in the last 5

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Probably because he is part of a back 5 who have let in 1 goal in the last 5
                      This. Blokes a solid championship left back. Not all players can set the world alight, we need a balance and at present nothing changes for me. You certainly don’t start playing players out of position that’s idiotic

Comment

Could bring Darnell back without dropping the other defenders but play with wing backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Is playing a RB at CB not playing someone out of position ?
                          That's why he is only cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                            We all agree that the past few weeks have helped salve the wounds of so many frustrating seasons, and that McLaren is doing a whale of a job with a club that is under a trade embargo and financially handcuffed. The temptation here is to change nothing moving forward (i.e., the starting XI lineup). I get it. But if Darnell is healthy and ready, how do you keep him on the bench? The answer is obvious. Platoon Rangel, Furlong, and Bidwell. The latter IMHO remains the weakest link in our back four; Bids is an average defender, but totally lacks touch and pace moving forward. When we have the ball on the left side you never ever get the feeling that Bids is going to make something happen. Given Darnell pre-injury looked like our best defender let's hope our skipper chooses well in the weeks ahead.
                            that would still make him better than Furlong.

Furlong has proved nothing and hasn't earn't the right to play ahead of someone as experienced as Bidwell.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Could bring Darnell back without dropping the other defenders but play with wing backs.
                              Don’t even joke like that. Some might think you mean it

Comment

Working...
                              X