Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackburn Rovers Fan In Peace - Q&A for Saturday's game

Greetings WATRB,

Blackburn Rovers fan here in peace. Take me to your leader.

I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to do a short Q&A for RoversFans.com ahead of our game on Saturday?

Q1. Thoughts on Tony Fernandes? As an outsider he looks a well-intentioned but misguided owner who has made a number of expensive mistakes. Is there more to the story than what's been reported in the press?

Q2.'Thoughts on Schhhteve McLaren so far?

Q3. Where do you expect QPR to finish this season?

Q4. Where do you expect Blackburn to finish this season?

Q5. Who do you consider the dangermen for both sides on Saturday?

Q6. If you could have one Blackburn player, who would it be?

Q7. What is your opinion (if any) of the Venky ownership saga?

Q8. Finally, scoreline prediction?

Thanks in advance!
    Unofficial forum for Blackburn Rovers fans!

Q1. About right.
    Q2. Tactically more astute than last seasons incumbent, whilst not being the perfect fit, he's probably better than we should expect or deserve at this level. Forget the brolly name calling, that's mostly gutter press cheap shots.
    Q3. Initially 16th as always, but after 4 games - Relegation, but currently looking more like top half ! Could still be any of those.
    Q4. Don't really care, but hopefully below us (Sorry!)
    Q5. Couldn't possibly say. You tell us on Saturday at 17:00.....
    Q6. Alan Shearer.
    Q7. It would take too long to detail here.
    Q8. 1-1

Comment

1) pretty much what you said, he's a good bloke who wants to please people but he's a bad football club owner, naive and too trusting along with being on twitter too much! he does have some brilliant lawyers though i'll give him that, people outside of the sphere of qpr think that the recent ffp ruling against us will ruin us when in reality we've basically got away scot free!

2) i was happy when he was appointed but dismayed after the first 4 games. he's turned it around though with 7 wins in our last 11 league games and 7 clean sheets along with 4 wins in our last 5 games. hes got us playing some real solid entertaining football that enhances our strengths whilst covering our weaknesses. loving it so far!

3) i still feel around 10-12th would be a good season but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't looking higher now after our recent form.

4) i think blackburn will be around 10-12th too, you have a pretty solid team with some standout players.

5) ben gladwin surely? if not that legend of the game then obviously bradley dack or harrison reed. for qpr it has to be eze, he has the ability to do magical things at the flick of a switch. joel lynch has been magnificent so far this season and i think blackburn will be surprised by how good a defender he is this season.

6) bradley dack.

7) they are idiots who have single handedly ruined a club. i still think blackburn were in their twilight seasons when the venkys took over but they weren't on deaths door, there was still the potential to save or at least rebuild blackburn in the championship but the venkys did neither. terrible appointments, signings and their everyday running of the club has put blackburn years behind were they should be.

8) i think 1-1

Comment

On the Venkys the first thing that springs to mind is that advert featuring your then current squad from a few years back. You was probably still in the prem at that point and I'm sure I remember Ryan Nelsen in it so that's going back to the early part of the decade.

Their managerial appointments have seemed ridiculous at times as well.

Comment

Q1. Thoughts on Tony Fernandes? As an outsider he looks a well-intentioned but misguided owner who has made a number of expensive mistakes. Is there more to the story than what's been reported in the press?

Fundamentally a pleasant man but loved the "profile" of being a Premiership Chairman. Naive at best and seemed to be persuaded all too easily to fund over the hill mercenaries. Love portraying himself as a man of the people, turning up at the pub to glad hand his fans and join in on social media but his facade faded quickly when results went against us.

Great coach and has surrounded himself with some good staff. Not easy to listen to as his is a bit cringe worthy but can't knock his results since the opening 4 game debacle. If he was responsible for getting in Hamed, Wells,Cameron and Liesner then he has played a blinder

No better or worse than 10th

Just above us

For us? Well that easy or should I say Eze. this boy is class and glides over the turf. He ghosts past defenders with a minimum of effort and has the killer pass in his locker. Just needs to get more goals (expect one from him on Saturday) For Rovers, Bradley Dack, like Eze he could and will be gobbled up by a Premier League club in the next 2 transfer windows. The boy is also class.

Bradley Dack (see above)

A bit like our Briatore/Ecclestone era. A bit of a joke! Plaything forrich owners who have no interest in football, the club or its fans. They are just in in for the ego and profile

1-1 (although a win for us would help me overcome some of the jibes from my Rovers supporting Father in law and Brother in law!)
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

dont like blackburn. one of there fans nicked my sons packet of chewits on the tube a couple of seasons ago. he was distraut. I was fuming. he was crying his eyes out. hope we batter them. 0-4 eze hattrick. JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
              dont like blackburn. one of there fans nicked my sons packet of chewits on the tube a couple of seasons ago. he was distraut. I was fuming. he was crying his eyes out. hope we batter them. 0-4 eze hattrick. JN
              Was it a jumbopack or an ordinary?

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

Was it a jumbopack or an ordinary?
                Hopefully a jumbo pack. Crying you eyes out over a single pack would seem to be be an overreaction.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Hopefully a jumbo pack. Crying you eyes out over a single pack would seem to be be an overreaction.
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Roverinpeace View Post
                    Greetings WATRB,

Blackburn Rovers fan here in peace. Take me to your leader.

I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to do a short Q&A for RoversFans.com ahead of our game on Saturday?

Thanks in advance!
                    We come in peace shoot to kill shoot to kill!!

Comment

Don't mind Blackburn. A local pub owner to me, used to invite them to his pub when they played Argyle.
                      One occasion they turned up!!
                      Players like David Mail, Howard Gayle Scott Sellars were playing at the time Don McKay was manager?
                      Not answered any of yer questions

Comment

Went to Blackburn once ,FA Cup,in 2006 ? might not be ..
                        we took loads ,honestly about 3000 ,mad away support , got battered 3.0 , first time i ever heard " your support is ####in #### " . was sunny in London when we left ,snowing in Lancashire ! .
                        had a really good laugh on the LSA coach with a bunch from Stonebridge good lads .
                        No real opinion on Blackburn , the ground is outside the town ,they, at that point ,hadnt got used to life outside the top flight ! To be honest .i dont think Blackburn would cope with us on an away turnout like that anyway !
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

single. but it was an early birthday present. his big 16th ruined.JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

single. but it was an early birthday present. his big 16th ruined.JN

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              Went to Blackburn once ,FA Cup,in 2006 ? might not be ..
                              we took loads ,honestly about 3000 ,mad away support , got battered 3.0 , first time i ever heard " your support is ####in #### " . was sunny in London when we left ,snowing in Lancashire ! .
                              had a really good laugh on the LSA coach with a bunch from Stonebridge good lads .
                              No real opinion on Blackburn , the ground is outside the town ,they, at that point ,hadnt got used to life outside the top flight ! To be honest .i dont think Blackburn would cope with us on an away turnout like that anyway !
                              From what I understand that is a bonus

Comment

Working...
                              X