No announcement yet.

Adel Eze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doubt if we'll see another adel on his day unplayable on his off days terrible , eze , promising but the modern midfielder has to do a lot more without the ball

Comment

Adel Stan and Rodders were the three most naturally gifted I've seen down the bush. All different. Adel and Rodney were both physically strong on the ball, not easy to disposess.

If anything Eze is a bit more like Stan than the other two, although I'm not sure if he has the close control skill that Stan had, maybe but maybe not. Of those four Rodney was the most natural striker, and certianly the best in the air. Adel's strength was creating space, more an AMF.

Feels far too much like tempting fate comparing the boy to any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        Adel Stan and Rodders were the three most naturally gifted I've seen down the bush. All different. Adel and Rodney were both physically strong on the ball, not easy to disposess.

If anything Eze is a bit more like Stan than the other two, although I'm not sure if he has the close control skill that Stan had, maybe but maybe not. Of those four Rodney was the most natural striker, and certianly the best in the air. Adel's strength was creating space, more an AMF.

Feels far too much like tempting fate comparing the boy to any of them.
        Would agree with that. As far as strength goes Stan may not have looked like the perfect physical specimen but remember he played against some real dirty b'stards who were always out to injure him because he made them look stupid. One busted ankle apart he was rarely injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Would agree with that. As far as strength goes Stan may not have looked like the perfect physical specimen but remember he played against some real dirty b'stards who were always out to injure him because he made them look stupid. One busted ankle apart he was rarely injured.
          Was that the broken leg at Bristol City Al? I was there and it was horrible. #######s left him in the car park for ages before the ambulance came too.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Was that the broken leg at Bristol City Al? I was there and it was horrible. #######s left him in the car park for ages before the ambulance came too.
            Yes, scandalous. Can you imagine that these days?

Comment

Unbelievable Jeff.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                Unbelievable Jeff.
                I know it is

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  doubt if we'll see another adel on his day unplayable on his off days terrible
                  Not many QPR players that I've seen have been that capable of dictating and winning a game on their own.

Comment

I’m f_cking Nostradamus

Comment

I wish people would stop comparing them, Adel was OUTSTANDING!
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                        I wish people would stop comparing them, Adel was OUTSTANDING!
                        Yes, for one season and was instrumental in our promotion. The rest of the time he was a complete liability and brought shame to the term 'professional footballer'

Comment

It's becoming a reasonable comparison.

Comment

He reminds me more of Bowles/Peter Beardsley style of player ,with his passing
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              It's becoming a reasonable comparison.
                              Not yet its not, not by a long way. And I was a massive critic of Adel.

Every time Adel got the ball he would look to make something happen, more often than not on his own, but he created that spark of excitement within you every time he got that ball.

Eze however more often than not simply passes it to the nearest player or knocks it sideways or backwards.
                              Occasionally he does something creative or special and we are a good side when he's on form.
                              But he's deffo not in the same league when it comes to excitement.

Adel on his day was unstoppable, truly a match winner all on his own. Eze, as good as he is, and I hope he gets better, isn't even close to Adel.

What I will say is that Eze is much more of a team player than Adel could ever be and if I had to choose one of the two it would probably be Eze for this reason.

Adel was infuriatingly selfish at the best of times and I prefer team players.

Do miss the excitement Adel would create though.

Comment

Just enjoy while we can 5th in the league

Happy days

Comment

Working...
                                X