On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

9 points, scored 6 and conceded 0, what a week.
    Tough tough game tonight against a team full of big money signings, however we are now tough cookie and fight to the death. Again conceded masses of possesion but still had decent chances,.
    Thought defence stood firm when under near constant bombarbment, for me Rangel was MOTM showing all his experience.
    Credit to everyone at the club for turning the corner in such an impressive way, great night, great support, #### Terry and Villa, fans all obnoxious #####.

Well said

Comment

Lumley MOTM for me.

Comment

reminded me of our 1-0 win over them in 1995, don't know how we won this one either
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Every player fighting for each other. Epic performance and we'll played everyone

Comment

Difficult to choose a MOM really. Lynch was the Sky MOM, Angel and Lumley mentioned in this thread, Wzolek and Freeman both outstanding too. Cameron did what he always does, Leistner too. Just a great team performance for me.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Easy easy easy lol

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                reminded me of our 1-0 win over them in 1995, don't know how we won this one either
                I actually thought it was reasonably comfortable, they had a lot of the ball but weren’t peppering our goal with shots or chances. Yes you are always worried one goal won’t be enough but from 75 mins I was pretty relaxed.

Comment

last 2 games we let teams have the ball and try catch them on break,play to your strengths
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Yes we don't always have a lot of possession and Villa had almost 70% tonight. But possession itself doesn't win games. The only stat that matters is how many goals were scored

Comment

It’s weird it seemed like they had us under a lot of pressure but I never felt like we’d concede. Defence again were top notch so many great tackles

Comment

I think Scowen was very good when he came on. Maybe, and if he gets more gametime, he will improve. Let`s not forget that he was very good for Barnsley that year...PS. I want McLaren to pick Cameron instead of him, but anyway.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          I think Scowen was very good when he came on. Maybe, and if he gets more gametime, he will improve. Let`s not forget that he was very good for Barnsley that year...PS. I want McLaren to pick Cameron instead of him, but anyway.
                          Lose your place and you have something to prove Shania. Did well but Cameron has made a big difference. He has to be the pick if fit. Great that we have some competition for places now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Lumley MOTM for me.
                            He was superb. Was in W block tonight, gotta say the singing from X block was fantastic. Usually I'm in R block, but you can't hear the other end of Ellerslie there and vice versa. What a night, electric atmosphere, like the old days. Is it safe to say Rangers are back?

By the way Timmy, what was that you were saying about Pawel, "If he just knew how to score...."?

Last edited by Hubble; 27-10-2018, 12:53 AM.

Comment

In some of my past post, I always mention how important it is tighten at the back as we tend to concede too many goals. Some wanted the R's to attack, attack, attack. To do that you certainly need top quality. SM managed to use to the best way what we got here. And look at the team now. Football is all about results. I take didplays like this and the the resuls it brings. Surely, we will all have to check the blood pressure at the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X