X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe90
    replied
    A few observations.

1: That post is great example entitlement that some fans of 'bigger' northern clubs have. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, its really irritating but makes beating these teams all the more sweeter!

2: Saying we didn't close them down quickly. Classic mistake and one I've been guilty of. Often seen other teams come at us and close us down like a game of playground football with 4 players chasing the ball at any one time and wondered why we don't play like that. Well, Tuesday night showed why you dont play such amature football! The funniest thing about that observation was the fact we did close them down well all night, but we didn't need to commit half the team to it!

3: Don't care if they dislike Loftus Road and the Bush. We're a proper inner-city football club, if it's too real stay up north.

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

He hasn't had an affair with your wife has he OldR?
    Ha ha, if he has I hope he takes the hat off!

Nah, I just think the bloke is a bit of a weirdo....

Leave a comment:

• Hertford Hoop
    replied
    I have sat behind the guy a few times and although he seems to enjoy the cr ap that gets chanted his way from the away fans, I do question why. Without fail he gets called a paedo, wan ker and other derogatory names. I'm sure he really doesn't give a toss what any of us think, however I wouldn't want the attention he gets.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by OldR View Post

Harmless? Yep, I'd agree but would you want to be sat near him?

He's decided that he'll be like that regardless of how it affects the 'matchday experience' (I ####ing hate that phrase...) of others. I would even argue that he is a bit of a selfish bloke too...
    He hasn't had an affair with your wife has he OldR?

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Harmless fun imo. Think you need to cheer up a bit mate, it's not all bad.
    Harmless? Yep, I'd agree but would you want to be sat near him?

He's decided that he'll be like that regardless of how it affects the 'matchday experience' (I ####ing hate that phrase...) of others. I would even argue that he is a bit of a selfish bloke too...

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Good god old as if football isnt sterile enough it's got to Be fun characters make it that
    Why didn't we need 'characters' like him to make football fun before then?

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied

Him and Sombrero man are part of what's wrong with modern football... You can't separate them.

Both would have been told to get a grip or #### off in any other era...
    Harmless fun imo. Think you need to cheer up a bit mate, it's not all bad.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Who gives a f*ck what they think?

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

Him and Sombrero man are part of what's wrong with modern football... You can't separate them.

Good god old as if football isnt sterile enough it's got to Be fun characters make it that

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

No mate, he's a character, part of what makes a club unique. Weird are the fat B'stards like the guy from Wednesday who think it's hard to take their shirt off to show everyone how soon they are going to die.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied

The bloke who looked like Catweazle who stood in The Loft - and who became a Crystal Palace fan - was eccentric.

The bloke in the sombrero is just weird.

The difference? Catweazle wasn't trying to be something different he just was, whereas sombrero man has made a conscientious decision to go to a football match and 'stand out'. He's a grown adult for #### sake.
    No mate, he's a character, part of what makes a club unique. Weird are the fat B'stards like the guy from Wednesday who think it's hard to take their shirt off to show everyone how soon they are going to die.

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    Don't know him but Sombrero man is part of QPR and long may he be. Eccentric maybe, a personality definitely, not weird. F*** knows how he gets that rattle in every week
    The bloke who looked like Catweazle who stood in The Loft - and who became a Crystal Palace fan - was eccentric.

The bloke in the sombrero is just weird.

The difference? Catweazle wasn't trying to be something different he just was, whereas sombrero man has made a conscientious decision to go to a football match and 'stand out'. He's a grown adult for #### sake.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Sombrero guy has been around for years, leave him alone!

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Don't know him but Sombrero man is part of QPR and long may he be. Eccentric maybe, a personality definitely, not weird. F*** knows how he gets that rattle in every week
    Last edited by Alanwycombe; 25-10-2018, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Tbf our stadium is tiny and a bit primitive,hardly on par with Hillsborough so can understand in a way why their fans were critical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X