• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    A few observations.

1: That post is great example entitlement that some fans of 'bigger' northern clubs have. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, its really irritating but makes beating these teams all the more sweeter!

2: Saying we didn't close them down quickly. Classic mistake and one I've been guilty of. Often seen other teams come at us and close us down like a game of playground football with 4 players chasing the ball at any one time and wondered why we don't play like that. Well, Tuesday night showed why you dont play such amature football! The funniest thing about that observation was the fact we did close them down well all night, but we didn't need to commit half the team to it!

3: Don't care if they dislike Loftus Road and the Bush. We're a proper inner-city football club, if it's too real stay up north.
    Hear hear.....I don't understand the closing down bit either.
    We didn't need to close them down playing around their own box.
    Although as you say we did pressure them, just intelligently and had energy to burn in the last quarter

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by OldR View Post
    They did have some valid points to be fair...

A grown adult going to a football match wearing a sombrero and tooting a horn is odd and although I wouldn't use the language they used he clearly is weird.

The club is obsessed with political correctness at the moment. I know its 2018 and we're not the only ones doing it but we seem to be taking it to a whole different level at times. There is no reason to have so many female toilets at a football ground.

The concourse is ridiculously narrow and the club surely lose money as many fans will simply decide its not worth the hassle.

Shepherd's Bush is an embarrassment of an area and calling it a dump is being polite.

Just because we're QPR fans it doesn't mean that the above can't be acknowledged.

But a big fat blob with #### bigger than sam fox ever had taking his shirt off at games isn't weird?
    Put me orf me pasty

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    ben , sombreo man ls ok , bit of a character and always has a smile ... never harms anyone

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Area is a bit **** but having lived up North most of it is like some backward hell hole populated by imbeciles. Actually enjoyed living up there as was in York which is almost like being down south but with Northern accents!

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    we are unique,we have a dwarf

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Streakers were all the rage back in the day
    Not enough at LR as far as I was concerned! The only one I remember there was against Leeds in 93/94 and she didn't even take off her bra!

The best was Norwich away in 89 ish where she was completely starkers...

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

It was not fun to stand near catweazle. He stunk to high hell.

Often wondered what happened to him, did he take his tesco bag with him.
    Ha ha, he did pong!

He lived in Camberwell - in the tower block near the former Castle pub - and he used to get the 12 to home matches.

He converted to Palace at Selhurst Park when we played them in 90/91 (the snow match with orange shirts), we were all taking the #### out of them for 'Glad all Over' when Catweazle started to wave his scarf (QPR scarf, I should add) above his head as if he was at an Osmonds concert and that was the last time anyone saw him at a QPR game as a fan.. The next time we saw him he was wearing a dirty old Palace shirt when we played them there the following season.

Leave a comment:

• OldR
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post

Innit, his dislike for the bloke does come across as personal. All a bit odd.
    It's not personal.

Throw in adults wearing replica shirts with players names on,

People who put 'QPR' into their names on Twitter and Facebook,

People who think because they support the same team as someone famous they've got to pretend to like them

There's a whole list to be honest... Nothing personal with Sombrero man but I do remember reading somewhere that his son refuses to sit near him because he's so embarrassed....

Each to their own but if you think a grown adult wearing a sombrero to football and tooting a horn is normal then I honestly don't know what to say...

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied

Why didn't we need 'characters' like him to make football fun before then?
    Streakers were all the rage back in the day

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Good god old as if football isnt sterile enough it's got to Be fun characters make it that
    It was not fun to stand near catweazle. He stunk to high hell.

Often wondered what happened to him, did he take his tesco bag with him.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

He hasn't had an affair with your wife has he OldR?
    Innit, his dislike for the bloke does come across as personal. All a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied

Harmless? Yep, I'd agree but would you want to be sat near him?

He's decided that he'll be like that regardless of how it affects the 'matchday experience' (I ####ing hate that phrase...) of others. I would even argue that he is a bit of a selfish bloke too...
    I have sat near him, a couple of rows behind in fact, at home and away games. He gets that section of the crowd going. I enjoyed it, as did others around him.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Their also stuck in this massive ground that is falling to pieces. Another northern team that lives on past glories and still thinks they are one of the big boys.

Leave a comment:

• jamesnutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Because in our day(I'm guessing) they were on the pitch.
    lol.JN

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied

Why didn't we need 'characters' like him to make football fun before then?
    Because in our day(I'm guessing) they were on the pitch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X