Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wells

How well deserved was his goal for the work rate he puts in every game? He was obviously so pleased to score and you could see what it meant to the rest of the team as well and looks to be a very popular team mate

Yes mate hope we hold on to him. You could see relief when it hit the net

Comment

This team seems to be full of strong characters right now which is great to see. Lumley, BFG, Rangel, Cameron, Freeman, Hemed, Wells - seems to be a real togetherness and great to see how much a win means to them. I wasn't convinced about going down the loan route at all as it seemd too much of a 100% turn in policy but the attitude of these guys really rubs off on the team as a whole. So different than some of the awful poisonous signings we have made over the years.

Comment

Lynch apparently is, i think the comms said in the top 3 of winning headers in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Lynch apparently is, i think the comms said in the top 3 of winning headers in the division.
          Like a new player this year. Hope he can stay injury free.

Comment

Agree Lynch is transformed, perhaps proper pre season has assisted him. I’m his biggest critic but he’s less clumsy and like new player

Comment

Delighted for the kid & the two loan lads have been great. SM has used them so well

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Agree Lynch is transformed, perhaps proper pre season has assisted him. I’m his biggest critic but he’s less clumsy and like new player
                Was saying last night that him and the BFG have a real understanding. Could become one of the better CB pairings we've had for a long time IMO. Does help having Rangel's experience alongside them too.

As for Wells, what good management to take off Hamed to give Wells a chance against a defence that looked shaky. Glad he got his goal and great to see both strikers on the scoresheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  As for Wells, what good management to take off Hamed to give Wells a chance against a defence that looked shaky. Glad he got his goal and great to see both strikers on the scoresheet.
                  It does make you wonder if he should play Wells and Hemed together (with both confident and in form now). I get you shouldn't change a winning team, but at least the formation wouldn't need to change, and more goals has been the only missing piece of the jigsaw.

Comment

Was saying last night that him and the BFG have a real understanding. Could become one of the better CB pairings we've had for a long time IMO. Does help having Rangel's experience alongside them too.

lynch has been excellent at the back. i was gutted when we didn't sign sainsbury or hefele but now i'm glad we didn't!

rangel has also been excellent at the back, proper professional and dedicated player who doesn't look 35! the whole team is playing as a unit and to their strengths which is something we didn't do last season

Comment

Rangel seems to have been the missing link defence wise but for no apparent reason Maybe it is training and finding a system that suits.. BFG and Lynch are much more solid and Lynch has stopped the silly fouls he used to give away in dangerous areas. If you play Wells and Hemed together you change the formation no matter what because of their natural instincts. Neither can replace Pav, Freeman or Eze.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

It does make you wonder if he should play Wells and Hemed together (with both confident and in form now). I get you shouldn't change a winning team, but at least the formation wouldn't need to change, and more goals has been the only missing piece of the jigsaw.

Would mean dropping Eze (support striker) to have one of those in IMO. Can't see him playing Eze LM or RM and I can't for the life of me see why you would drop Freeman or Pav.

Stick to one up top and make them have a healthy competion for the starting place.

Comment

Would mean dropping Eze (support striker) to have one of those in IMO. Can't see him playing Eze LM or RM and I can't for the life of me see why you would drop Freeman or Pav.

Stick to one up top and make them have a healthy competion for the starting place.
                          Personally think it wouldn't be bad if Eze was dropped for a couple of games. Seems to coast through lately.

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post

Personally think it wouldn't be bad if Eze was dropped for a couple of games. Seems to coast through lately.
                            Apart from the assist last night and general all round good play. He walks past people like they are not there. Would ruin his confidence in my opinion and doesn’t deserve it. The team picks itself at the moment and changing it just for the sake of changing it would be poor management.

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post

Just think his style makes it look like he is strolling. Assist last night and on Saturday clipped the bar and won a penalty. Would certainly start him on Friday ahead of one of Wells / Hamed.

Comment

Working...
                              X