How many changes Tuesday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    I'm guessing a few as he's said he will use his squad. Hope he doesn't #### it all up.
    Shouldn't unless he really needs to, change a thing. Any team that goes up, goes up with a consistent formation. At most you change a single player now and then, but after a great win i'd leave it as is.

Comment

If fit, same again from me. But he did say he will use his squad. I believe he said something similar before the Blackpool game.

Comment

Can only imagine it will be 1 or 2 changes and probably like for like (ie Scowen for Cameron). Nowhere near a Holloway change where a central midfielder ends up as RB...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
          It will be very interesting to see the team for Tuesday. I also believe in the if it isn’t broken don’t fix it and this 4 2 3 1 really suits. I think the formation will remain so it’s a case of personnel. I think Villa will be more tired by Friday than us but Wednesday less with the extra rest, I think Wednesday is the more winnable game but getting too caught up in all the permutations gets away from the fact that we should play our best team and highlight who is coping and not and make changes accordingly then. Having said that I think Mac will pre-empt this and there will be at least one change. I think Hemed will start otherwise he wouldn’t have been subbed that early to protect him for Tuesday. I also believe Cousins was ready to play Saturday but with rotation in mind was held back for Tuesday maybe for Cameron? I don’t expect us to change 2 of the 2 sitters so therefore Mass plays again. Freeman and Eze definitely start. Pav I thought looked very promising on his return Saturday but asking a lot to start twice maybe three times in a week after not playing regularly all season but that would mean maybe Osayi-Samuel but I’d like to see Wells come in from that right of the three in one game at least. I think he’s hard working enough and technically good enough to play there but not sure it would happen. Cameron is quite capable of playing RB if Rangel needs a rest otherwise it could be Kakay. Not sure about Baps playing there again like against Norwich even though he didn’t have the most awful of games.

Team for Tuesday

Lumley

Rangel
          BFG
          Lynch
          Bidwell

Cousins
          Luongo

Wells
          Eze
          Freeman

Hemed
          What a post. We didn't play 4231 Saturday. We played four across the middle. Pawel out wide and Freeman left, if sometimes drifting in with the ball. Two up two for the most part.

Breaking up the excellent pairing of Cameron and Luongo is foolish. Not playing Pawel after the team performance Saturday is incomprehensible and simply dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Can only imagine it will be 1 or 2 changes and probably like for like (ie Scowen for Cameron). Nowhere near a Holloway change where a central midfielder ends up as RB...
            It would be stupid to play Scowen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

It would be stupid to play Scowen.
              Just an example of like for like. Just glad SMC doesn't follow the Holloway school of defenders up front !

Comment

Just an example of like for like. Just glad SMC doesn't follow the Holloway school of defenders up front !
                Lol. I've a downer on Scowen at the moment. Which is probably unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  Not Scowen please, Cameron goes unnoticed but we are much more solid with him there and we don't miss Scowen's 360s and poor passing.
                  spot on. signing of cameron has improved us so much, and highlighted how poor scone really is. offers nothing . too lightweight . awful positional awareness. especially defensively. JN

Comment

Breaking up the excellent pairing of Cameron and Luongo is foolish. Not playing Pawel after the team performance Saturday is incomprehensible and simply dumb.
                    If Cameron isnt fully fit yet then it isnt foolish. Can Cameron play 3 games in 6 days? Im not so sure.
                    Pawel must play, I agree.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

If Cameron isnt fully fit yet then it isnt foolish. Can Cameron play 3 games in 6 days? Im not so sure.
                      Pawel must play, I agree.
                      Of course, Ginge. If he isn't fit. As in injured or unfit. These people are athletes. They can play three games in seven days.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                        highlighted how poor scone really is. offers nothing . too lightweight . awful positional awareness. especially defensively. JN
                        Yeah, he just gets creamed in the middle of the park...

Comment

Yeah, he just gets creamed in the middle of the park...
                          Puts us in a right jam, he does...
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Of course, Ginge. If he isn't fit. As in injured or unfit. These people are athletes. They can play three games in seven days.
                            I think Cameron didn't have a proper preseason and was rested because of fatigue just a month ago. If so it might be wise to play Cousins instead of him tomorrow.

Comment

FFS, why won't he rotate!

Comment

Same side. Well done macca

Comment

Working...
                                X