The 3 new signings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 new signings?

Cameron, Wells and Hemed have all added quality and depth to the squad but what are the chances of us retaining them next summer.

I Cameron will be availible in a free which gives us a chance and I believe with Hemed 32 next year there’s a deal to be done there. I’m not sure what his contract situation is.

Wells I imagine will be very hard to get done. He must be on 25k maybe more at Burnley and I imagine they will want a fee, so I struggle to see how we could bring him back unless it was another loan.

It’s a long way off but I hope the club are thinking about retaining these players or looking at how we could.

I think Freeman will go in the summer, maybe even Luongo which will free up some funds.

Hemed and Cameron both out of contract end of this season and available on a free. Wells only has 1 year left end of this season.

The general perception amongst some fans that these are loans, with no permanent vision, and not in line with club strategy, is misunderstood.

The club know exactly what they are doing, it was well planned, and all three are within range should we wish to do deals.
    Last edited by Jonny; 21-10-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

It’s a win , win situation at the minute .These loan players have helped make us a decent looking side and you’d like to think our promising youngsters are learning from them everyday in training .As for can we keep them past this season , well who knows .

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

I think Freeman will go in the summer, maybe even Luongo which will free up some funds.
        With our accounting year ended 31 May I could see Freeman leaving in Jan if a £5m offer came in. Hopefully we have a back up signing or U23 player ready should that happen. I'm sure any team in the top two would look at that as a good option to help secure their £100m promotion.

Comment

Have you not heard of BOS?

Comment

Although I can appreciate the quality of the strikers and what they do up top effort wise, I'd like to see more goals from them before we enter into any sort of permanent deals.

Cameron is a no-brainer for me. Definitely worth taking on a free.

Comment

If we have a good year, they might just been keen on signing. Plus if we go up, they'd be good acquisitions to keep, especially if we got relegated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                If we have a good year, they might just been keen on signing. Plus if we go up, they'd be good acquisitions to keep, especially if we got relegated IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

haha! This doesn't mean we'll go up this year, more of a 'if we do gain promotion' at some point...

Comment

haha! This doesn't mean we'll go up this year, more of a 'if we do gain promotion' at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

To add, it's the most organised we've looked in a long time, for a start I've started feeling like we can 'at least' be competitive and win a game of football.

Comment

To add, it's the most organised we've looked in a long time, for a start I've started feeling like we can 'at least' be competitive and win a game of football.
                        I've been a SMC supporter from the start and mostly because of the fact he would have us organised with a plan.

I know there are bumps coming along the road but it is refreshing to have a reasonably consistent first XI and players that know what their role is.

Comment

Working...
                        X