Our defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our defence

Starting to look solid. Fifth clean sheet.

Has improved massively. BFG looking like a player. Rangel the organiser.

Comment

I agree,the -8 stat is misleading (after our terrible start ),our defence looking much better now

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Starting to look solid. Fifth clean sheet.
        They have improved hugely.....actually have a bit of faith in them since that really good result against derby sheepy

Comment

As I said on the Ned thread (i think) we have a better defence without him and given the meltdown on here regarding him and Robinson leaving they boys are really starting to perform well as a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

They have improved hugely.....actually have a bit of faith in them since that really good result against derby sheepy
            McLaren a good defensive coach then?

Comment

Apart from a few terrible cross's at the start Bidwell had a really good game. He really needs to work on his delivery and he'll be much more effective player.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                Apart from a few terrible cross's at the start Bidwell had a really good game. He really needs to work on his delivery and he'll be much more effective player.
                Agree Joe.There was also some nice three man triangle passing with Freeman, Eze and Bidwell.

Comment

If we can keep the clean sheets and start nicking goals it could be an interesting season

two good tests next five days to judge exactly where we are at

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If we can keep the clean sheets and start nicking goals it could be an interesting season

two good tests next five days to judge exactly where we are at
                    Without wanting to sound like I have no faith in the boys, I'd be ok with 2 points out of the next 2 games. Very tough tests imo. Would be over the moon if we beat one of them, preferably Villa.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think we will turn villa over, Wednesday is the banana skin for me

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

McLaren a good defensive coach then?
                        I think much credit should go to all three of them: McClaren, John Eustace and Matt Gardiner.

Comment

There was 7 trainers on the pitch in the warm up yesterday. Each one concentrating on their particular roles.That's what has improved , not just having one GK coach, a Hartlepool reject and Bircham as jack of all trades. Everything is much more organised.

Comment

over the past 9 games we have the second best defensive record in the entire division as we've only conceded 6 in that time, 3 of those came in one game!

leistner and lynch have formed a very good partnership at the back, i wasn't sold on lynch last season but he's been a rock so far this campaign and looks a lot more solid and composed at the back. leistner though has proven himself to be a great signing so far imo. sure he was a bit shakey at the start but he's not put a foot wrong since then. i think we're actually better off without ned, i was never a fan of his anyway as he was nervous as hell

i actually think we look better without smithies too, lumley organises the defence far better than smithies did last season. sure smithies individual qualities far surpassed lumley's but lumley also hasn't put a foot wrong, he has the potential to be better than smithies imo.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              i think we're actually better off without ned, i was never a fan of his anyway as he was nervous as hell
                              This. Back four is a lot more solid now. Strength in depth too with Hall, Cameron and Baptiste as backup.

Bidwell definitely needs some competition though.

Comment

Working...
                              X