X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakes8
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    Why bash the club for that? It’s about time clubs started paying players based on their performance. He’s had millions of pounds out of qpr for largely being pretty average. Probably didn’t want the contact because he knows deep down he’s not very good. Didn’t see a queue of clubs battering his food down when he was out of contact did we? That says to me that he’s probably got an unrealistic view on what he’s worth
    Correct answer.

Bit disappointed Ned has coated us off in the Press when we have funded his millionaire lifestyle for years. He wasn't even that good.

Bad form Ned.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Fact is no one else wanted to pay him either. That much is shown by his going to Salt Lake and they are not exactly a top American side.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Forever Rs?

Leave a comment:

• Northolt_Rs
    replied
    Bang average at best. Earned millions out of us and was pretty pony tbh.,,,,borne out by the fact no other championship club (let alone Prem) wanted him even for free. Better defence without him and for a fraction of the cost.

Leave a comment:

• QCR
    replied
    Also, I think we've all become a bit blase about how much these guys get to run around in their shorts on a Saturday. Most of them would play for a bag of pork scratchings and a tyre on a rope because they love to play, but they just make (and not really earn) absolute fortunes which we just talk about as if it's commonplace. A "mere" £20k a week (which of course is every week, including in the close season) is £1,042,000 and change. Just that £42,000 would put them way up the list of high earners in this country. So by the time they get to £100k a week, that's over £14k a day, and £5,214,000 in a year. Again, just the £214,000 would be decent wedge for most of us... Not saying Nedum should therefore be grateful for being offered expenses, just saying he's unlikely to go short if he did.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Why bash the club for that? It’s about time clubs started paying players based on their performance. He’s had millions of pounds out of qpr for largely being pretty average. Probably didn’t want the contact because he knows deep down he’s not very good. Didn’t see a queue of clubs battering his food down when he was out of contact did we? That says to me that he’s probably got an unrealistic view on what he’s worth

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Regardless of what was actually said to Ned about money i think our defence is better now without him.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    How much money did he make out of us?
    Too much.

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    How much money did he make out of us?

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    bet his expenses are better than mine

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    That's the same article from the 16th

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Seems like we really did ask him to turn out for expenses. Shows what an utterly rotten club we have become. That's Uncle for you.

And why cant we just add direct links instead of all this crap....
    Nedum Onuoha says he was asked to play for free in the Championship this season, as the number of players out of work this summer continues to rise.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post

Fair call Dave.......I'm no Weare......
    None of us are Johnny ....if only!

Leave a comment:

• Johnnykc
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I'd bite your leg off .....i heard you're rubbish!!
    Fair call Dave.......I'm no Weare......

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    To be honest I quite like the fact we didn't offer Onuha a load of money to play for us. I like him but that bit about just playing out the fixtures.......would much rather have players who want to play regardless of our position.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X