Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onuoha was asked to play for free...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45481218

Just read that too, very odd if you ask me. No wonder he went, who is going to work for free?
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

That's weird. There must be more to it than that.

Comment

One in four players are unemployed i.e. 1,192 plus a 49% increase in U18s not being offered contracts. That's what FFP does.

Comment

What a stupid article! It is completely unthinkable QPR suggested Onuoha should play for free. I suppose he was offered a zero base salary but a pay as you play contract, with a good chunk of money per match he plays. This is the same contact Mackie was on last season and the same a good real estate broker has (you get paid for success). Journalists are so inept......

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            What a stupid article! It is completely unthinkable QPR suggested Onuoha should play for free. I suppose he was offered a zero base salary but a pay as you play contract, with a good chunk of money per match he plays. This is the same contact Mackie was on last season and the same a good real estate broker has (you get paid for success). Journalists are so inept......
            This is spot on.

The article is rubish, same old crap.

The club couldnt justify paying him a weekly wage so offered what they felt was best, given FFP situation.

It was an offer, the offer was rejected, end off. Nice one Ned on opening up on this...tw@t

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

This is spot on.

The article is rubish, same old crap.

The club couldnt justify paying him a weekly wage so offered what they felt was best, given FFP situation.

It was an offer, the offer was rejected, end off. Nice one Ned on opening up on this...tw@t

Yep that or he was offered the chance the ex Spurs Norwich player has that we've got training and playing for the u/23s and reserves while looking to find a club

Comment

Play for free ? Load of nonsense, if only because of the minimum wage law !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Play for free ? Load of nonsense, if only because of the minimum wage law !!
                  Incentive based squashes that I'm sure.

pounds per points, appearances, league position, goals, mins on pitch etc.

Will be taking home money regardless just not a big fat basic like he'd been used to.

Also I think this is spot on as I was told in the summer Wayne Routledge's agent contacted QPR about potentially signing him and we asked him to play for free.

Didn't post it on here as I thought it was b0llox, but it appears it could may well have been true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Incentive based squashes that I'm sure.

pounds per points, appearances, league position, goals, mins on pitch etc.

Will be taking home money regardless just not a big fat basic like he'd been used to.

Also I think this is spot on as I was told in the summer Wayne Routledge's agent contacted QPR about potentially signing him and we asked him to play for free.

Didn't post it on here as I thought it was b0llox, but it appears it could may well have been true.

Well even incentives would have to be paid at the minimum wage at the least.

More likely to be a "Zero hours contract" than play for free but I'm no contract law expert by any stretch of the imagination...!!!

Comment

my mum worked for m&s for over 20 years til she retired , that xmas she got a letter asking her to come back for the festive period . the only catch was she'd get a free lunch but no wages , as she was probably lonely this being her 1st xmas retired .... she told 'em to stick it where the sun don't shine

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        my mum worked for m&s for over 20 years til she retired , that xmas she got a letter asking her to come back for the festive period . the only catch was she'd get a free lunch but no wages , as she was probably lonely this being her 1st xmas retired .... she told 'em to stick it where the sun don't shine
                        That's not just Scrooge, thats M&S Scrooge...

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          find this kind of difficult to believe...

ned claims he was asked to 'play for free' and later turned down an incentive-based contract - if true, we asked him to play for nothing (no basic, no match fee, no bonus, nothing), then we offered him a contract on pay-as-you-play, which he turned down because, errr, he had always been available for selection.

he then claims that he 'knew' that we 'were trying to recruit other players for similar or more money'.

in view of what happened regarding ned's difficulty finding a club that would pay him a similar wage, his relatively early announcement that he was leaving us and the club's activity in the window, i'm fairly sure there's a high chance of plenty of b/s in here.

Comment

Ffs that is embarrassing, can't be true

Comment

To be fair..... if they asked me to play for the mighty R’s for nothing I’d bite their arm off......

Comment

Working...
                              X