Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying for a new training ground and stadium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for a new training ground and stadium.

Over the last few years we have had various owners who by the own admission are 'Successful' businessmen and somewhere between quite rich and mind bogglingly rich, my 2 questions are,

a) Why on earth should the borough of Ealing just give us land rather than us just buying one of the many of disused ex-company sports grounds which litter west London, just google maps the A40 and A4 corridors.
    b)
    Apart from the dubious Olympic Stadium debacle why should H&F give us the west london stadium just because Hoos has decided it's the only way of staying in w12, for starters we haven't always been a W12 team as our history of grounds prove and one of wich was at Park Royal which is still a massive industrial estate which one would assume has very little difficulty of getting planning permission.

edit
    Last edited by West Acton; 16-10-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodnut View Post
      Over the last few years we have had various owners who by the own admission are 'Successful' businessmen and somewhere between quite rich and mind bogglingly rich, my 2 questions are,

a) Why on earth should the borough of Ealing just give us land rather than us just buying one of the many of disused ex-company sports grounds which litter west London, just google maps the A40 and A4 corridors.
      b)
      Apart from the dubious Olympic Stadium debacle why should H&F give us the west london stadium just because Hoos has decided it's the only way of staying in w12, for starters we haven't always been a W12 team as our history of grounds prove and one of wich was at Park Royal which is still a massive industrial estate which one would assume has very little difficulty of getting planning permission.
      Point 1 why indeed

Point 2 FFS get your rrs in gear the sale of Lottie Rd will more than adequately pay for the purchase and development of L C stadium that H+F counci can't afford to maintain

Comment

Dear West Acton,

I'm born and bred Acton Vale and have been going to LR since 1979 and for those 39 odd years was a season ticket holder for about 25 of them.

I now live in Uxbridge and therefore the mby of your baseless nimby accusation would also be geographically incorrect.

The point i was making is if our owners are as wealthy as they claim and as astute at business as the also claim then even them and you must realise that neither council will or should give a private business such as our public land.

Also why should they? we as a club have happily splurged millions of £'s on hapless pre-madonna footballers when it could have been spent on training facilities and a new ground.

Regards

QPR fan, lifelong, dyed in the wool, floodlights from my bedroom window, etc.

Comment

a) Because Warren Farm will also contain facilities for the community at no cost to the Council.
          b) A new ground will be part funded by the sale of LR and part by development on ground owned by QPR Holdings.
          That way we don't have to sell our supporters out by increasing corporate boxes at the expense of their comfort a.l.a Brentford.

Comment

So Rangers born and bread why would you appear to appose the club progressing. If Ealing are willing to aid us with land and we provide service to community, as part of deal, why would any fan object

Aologies if I offended

Comment

West Acton,

I want the club to progress, but i fear they are using the council's as a weapon of blame, i.e. they wont give us this or they wont let us do that, they could easily just buy it and do what they want.

Comment

Welcome to the board Blood

I know this won't be popular, but I agree with you.
                Why should we expect to be handed a chunk of land on a plate just because we may open up some facilities for the local community?
                Councils job is to represent its constituents, if they can get a lump of money and still provide those services, then they are morally obligated to pursue that path.

Don't get me wrong, as an Rs fan, would love to be handed a chunk of land for free in exchange for providing a few local facilities for the public, but in reality, any local council is always going to push for maximum profit in anything they do.
                We see a failed chairman in TF, they see a once very successful business owner who threw a quarter of a billion quid at a second tier football club.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Have people seen WF recently and what it has become?? It’s neglected, tired and wasted resource. We could breath life into the place. The council can’t afford to do anything there, rightly or wrongly, so should it just stay a tip forever when everyone could benefit

Comment

Wests, we live in a capitalist society, so yes the council will sit back and let WF rot if they believe there could be a payday for their borough.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      a) Because Warren Farm will also contain facilities for the community at no cost to the Council.
                      b) A new ground will be part funded by the sale of LR and part by development on ground owned by QPR Holdings.
                      That way we don't have to sell our supporters out by increasing corporate boxes at the expense of their comfort a.l.a Brentford.
                      No Dave not part funded , funded by the developement of LR think there was a study of how many units would be built at today's prices ,
                      Then we will Probably see an end to all these wealthy developers that are on the board

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodnut View Post
                        West Acton,

I want the club to progress, but i fear they are using the council's as a weapon of blame, i.e. they wont give us this or they wont let us do that, they could easily just buy it and do what they want.

You cant just buy it and do what you like with it. You would have to apply for planning permission and the same local dog poo brigade residents would be doing exactly what they are doing now

That I’d prevent our club from investing in a #### hole set of facilities and while using some as a training ground also using a big chunk as a community asset for no cost to them

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

You cant just buy it and do what you like with it. You would have to apply for planning permission and the same local dog poo brigade residents would be doing exactly what they are doing now

That I’d prevent our club from investing in a #### hole set of facilities and while using some as a training ground also using a big chunk as a community asset for no cost to them
                          It ain't even used by that many dog walkers , the save Warren farm is group of people that object for the sake of it they see it as the council GIVING AWAY a piece of land to a Private company which is a reasonable assumption , but what they are failing to admit to it is a partnership between QPR and Ealing council which gives benefits QPR for obvious reasons and benefits Ealing council by releiving them of maintaining the unused site while havIng a Maintainance free sports facility

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Have people seen WF recently and what it has become?? It’s neglected, tired and wasted resource. We could breath life into the place. The council can’t afford to do anything there, rightly or wrongly, so should it just stay a tip forever when everyone could benefit
                            Played there for my school in the sixties and was a dump then, even though it was in use! The theory of regenerating a place is great but I'd hate to end up like Reading or Brighton with an inaccessible stadium that's a shag to get to. If LC is the only way to stay in the area then we shouldn't give up on it but I don't have any faith in our owners delivering a new ground anytime soon.....or maybe anytime at all.

Comment

I know as a fact club have been doing loads of work with local businesses such as Scrubs Prison, NHS and others do there doing it right this time as compared to scatter gun approach for OOC

Comment

Working...
                              X