No announcement yet.

Home county's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from Purley (despite the user name) and as well as my two boys and I there is at least two others I know from here plus three from Riddlesdown, two from Sanderstead and two from Coulsdon.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      I'm from Purley (despite the user name) and as well as my two boys and I there is at least two others I know from here plus three from Riddlesdown, two from Sanderstead and two from Coulsdon.
      Purley ,Coulsdon and Sanderstead are all in Croydon ,ie Greater London ,so it certainly dont count as Home Counties , sorry mate
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post

Purley ,Coulsdon and Sanderstead are all in Croydon ,ie Greater London ,so it certainly dont count as Home Counties , sorry mate
        Ok, I'll consider myself banned from the thread then vesps.

Comment

Ok, I'll consider myself banned from the thread then vesps.
          Dont be like that CCJ you know i love ya !

Comment

Dont be like that CCJ you know i love ya !
            Croydon is a bit weird in that even though it is in Greater London it is also in Surrey.

I take your point though Vespa

Comment

Croydon is a bit weird in that even though it is in Greater London it is also in Surrey.
              Was thinking the same, as it is for many areas on the outskirts. For instance New Barnet near my neck of the woods is in Greater London and Hertfordshire.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

theres a couple about in bracknell. i often get a "u rs" from a random guy whenever i wear a qpr shirt in public. i don't see any qpr shirts when i'm on the train from bracknell though
                one of my kids lives in binfield he's one of us or i'd disown him

Comment

Good question. The fella who sits next to me comes in from Surrey, but he's just on the edge of London... I would imagine we'd have support coming in from beyond North West London in places like Middlesex. Anything beyond that such as Buckinghamshire is probably made up with the usual suspects. I know Surrey is Chelsea, in fact most of the home counties will be made up of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham. Kent will have a mix, but there are still plenty of Millwall who live in London, they've got a big sleeping fan base. Charlton have died a death. They use to bus in fans from all over during their PL days, now the Valleys back to its 90's glory!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    I stayed at stevenage when we was at Wembley in 2014, got a local stopping train into King's Cross, by the time it got there it was packed with R's. But to fair every R and his dog came out that day!
                    when a yoot i use to see a bird from stevenage and was a lot of luton there then.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I take your point though Vespa
                      I hold my hands up ,i have a bit of a boundary /map fetish !
                      And Croydon isn`t in Surrey anymore , sinced 1965 its been, boundary wise in London ,
                      problem we have is the post office are never going to change their post codes ,so Croydon as a borough has London postcodes SE25,SW16 but the vast majority of the borough has the Croydon CR postcode which historically is Surrey .
                      The post office have officially got rid of counties !!
                      So if you were to write to a Croydon council address ,Surrey ( or London ) is not mentioned ,its all about the post code.
                      this leaves areas like Croydon ,Mitcham ,Sutton ,Morden being in London , but without a " London" postcode , same is for areas like Greenford ,Northolt ,Perivale ,Kingston ,Barnet ,Enfeild Ilford,Barking etc etc
                      The difference between Greater London and London London , bit like going out ,and going Out Out !

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

when a yoot i use to see a bird from stevenage and was a lot of luton there then.
                        If this was around 86 to 90 i can imagine you were not made welcome !!!!!!! Luton definitely our biggest rivals

Comment

If this was around 86 to 90 i can imagine you were not made welcome !!!!!!! Luton definitely our biggest rivals
                          87 and no i was not

Comment

A lot of Millwall in Kent

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

Yep, Clapham Overground is perfect for me being based in Wimbledon.

Not many of us around that part of the World but a few.
                              I use to live in Wimbledon! Never saw any Rangers around there. Where abouts do you live? Which pubs do you go to?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I use to live in Wimbledon! Never saw any Rangers around there. Where abouts do you live? Which pubs do you go to?
                                there was a big mob of us at southfields one year when chelsea tube came in lol

Comment

Working...
                                X