Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dean Smith appointed Villa manager along with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Interesting quote mate and one we could all do with reminding ourselves of now and again, regardless of how much money we've spunked.
    It's spot on really. Personally still see us as the same size club as Millwall but with a better historical track record.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

really highlighted how small we are as a club and in turn how great our achievements are!
    Interesting quote mate and one we could all do with reminding ourselves of now and again, regardless of how much money we've spunked.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    Originally posted by Artful View Post
    Certainly an appointment that the media love. Makes national news, not for the appointment of manager but for the appointment of the racist. I unashamedly have an agenda around this, so here goes. Simon Jordan has said Villa need promotion this year or FFP will crucify them. Really, really hoping that they don’t go up as I have a firm belief that it is going to take a so called ‘big club’ to be massively fined/points deducted to awaken the EFL When it happens to a small club like ours it just creates ripples and the reaction of how dare we spend beyond our means and slap us back down, be interesting the reaction if it was a perceived bigger club.
    This ^

We've had so much stick about FFP and what really get's me is when it comes from fans of 'big' Midlands/Northern clubs. I hope Villa receive the ultimate smack down. Hopefully Villa will come unstuck as this appointment to my mind seems to be misguided and doesn't take into consideration the conditions Smith operated under at Brentford compared to those he will be at Villa, plus their ambition as a club. The club has been shite for years and are where they deserve to be and it will take more than a manager to sort them out.

On separate note, I was in Newcastle recently for work and took a tour of St James Park (very impressive by the way) and was struck by how much goes into running a #### poor relegation fodder club such as Newcastle. It was immense and really highlighted how small we are as a club and in turn how great our achievements are!

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    You're John Terry's B"tch
    Dean Smith

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-play-15283986

No problems for Aston Villa.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post

Has anything happended to Birmingham and Bolton? It`s QPR they want. Other clubs gets away with anything.
    Bolton, different story, Birmingham very much deep in the sh1t as well, if you read the headlines?

This isn't a 'QPR' thing, its real for all teams, we broke the rules and that's that.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    Surely, Villa are f00ked if they don't gain promotion this season? Look i'm not one for seeing clubs go bust, far from it, but that said and what we've been through clubs MUST have to now get what's coming to them?

Only 3 teams can do it, right now Villa are well off the pace.
    Has anything happended to Birmingham and Bolton? It`s QPR they want. Other clubs gets away with anything.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Surely, Villa are f00ked if they don't gain promotion this season? Look i'm not one for seeing clubs go bust, far from it, but that said and what we've been through clubs MUST have to now get what's coming to them?

Only 3 teams can do it, right now Villa are well off the pace.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    I don’t why some people get hump about where threads are. Just don’t read it if it’s not of interest. It’s quiet too as international week so more to chat about the better

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Never knew about same division. Thanks.

You might like to move the Fulham thread though!
    Had considered it but aren't Fulham considered our rivals now? Which makes it QPR related, a bit tenuously granted. The OP also refers to who will drop back down to the Championship (again related to us). But happy to move the thread if most would prefer that.

Leave a comment:

• Fordy
    replied
    Hopefully he gets sacked by the end of the season then he can take over here next season.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post

OP is QPR related as it's in the same division, otherwise would be moved. No change there.
    Never knew about same division. Thanks.

You might like to move the Fulham thread though!
    Last edited by acricketer; 13-10-2018, 02:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    How tenuous do racist links to QPR need to be to get a thread on QPR Fans?

Aston Villa? Brentford? Chelsea?

Be interesting what the mods move from this part of the site to non-QPR from now on.
    OP is QPR related as it's in the same division, otherwise would be moved. No change there.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    How tenuous do racist links to QPR need to be to get a thread on QPR Fans?

Aston Villa? Brentford? Chelsea?

Be interesting what the mods move from this part of the site to non-QPR from now on.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by corbray View Post
    i don't think jt is quite cut out to be a manager. great player yes and a good leader but he just doesn't strike me as a comprimising or smart guy compared to lampard who i think will have a great career in managing.
    Agree. Defo got his eyes on managing scum one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X