Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Only because we had Adel in our team.

I think he's a Qpr legend - what do you guys think?
    We could have an Adel thread.
    Not sure we have ever had one before

Comment

i think for the younger generation of fans like me adel is the closest we have to a legend like marsh or bowels. on one hand i do think adel is a legend for his exploits in getting us promoted and being one of the most gifted players this club has ever seen.

on the other hand though he didn't really play loads of games for us considering how long he was here and aside from our title winning season he was absent from most games or getting buses home in anger. his attitude really let him down but i'll still remember him in 20+ years for sure

Comment

And the only reason that happened was becuase Warnock knew how to handle him. Almost all other managers here and abroad have failed.

He was brilliant, but it wouldn't have happened without the management and the supporting cast.

Comment

One season wonder. He was unplayable that season but very ordinary the rest of the time he was here.
          I've often said too, Taarabt had nothing to do with the 25 clean sheets we kept that season, while he was superb it wasn't all down to him that we won the Championship.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            marsh or bowels
            Where predictive text goes tragically wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

One season wonder. He was unplayable that season but very ordinary the rest of the time he was here.
              I've often said too, Taarabt had nothing to do with the 25 clean sheets we kept that season, while he was superb it wasn't all down to him that we won the Championship.
              Think he got found out in the PL but for that one season he was sublime at times.

Have to agree though. That was TEAM that got us promoted. Very rarely felt we would concede a goal.

Comment

Surprised nobody mentioned Ali Faulin he had to be a standout player until his season ended

Comment

Ale Faurlin for me was the unsung hero in that season. If only we had a player like him now eh. One of the best midfielders we've ever had here i reckon. So unlucky with his injuries and had he not had them we might have had completely different fortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Surprised nobody mentioned Ali Faulin he had to be a standout player until his season ended
                    Too many players that season to mention, they all played a massive part. Faurlin was superb too though.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Too many players that season to mention, they all played a massive part. Faurlin was superb too though.
                      Exactly. Kenny, Derry, Hill, Mackie, Helguson, etc.

Comment

Bradders orr did it for me
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          Ive always said teams on 'paper' dont win matches...i can only name two sheff utd players off ny head yet they top the league.
                          He played with his ball bag is about all....

Comment

Kenny was outstanding that season and gave the team a great platform to go and play. Also a big shout to Helguson who looked shot until Warnock got hold of him that season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Also a big shout to Helguson who looked shot until Warnock got hold of him that season.
                              Another piece of miracle working. I dont know what the odds were on day one of that season, but we were a long way from being the jolly.

The problem was that what was brilliant for for that division was just not quite good enough for the top table in any department. Frailties were ruthlessly exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Another piece of miracle working. I dont know what the odds were on day one of that season, but we were a long way from being the jolly.

The problem was that what was brilliant for for that division was just not quite good enough for the top table in any department. Frailties were ruthlessly exposed.
                                Warnock did the same with Cardiff last season, They were not great individually, but worked wonders as a team.

The QPR team had a lot of players who performed well, with Adel grabbing the headlines for his creativity and goals.However, the defence was a great unit which had great protection from Derry and one of my favoutites from the last 20 years, Faurlin. What a real pity that he suufered those cruel ACL injuries that curtailed his career and no doubt played a massive part in QPR's relegation the following season.

The squad this time around is lacking quality in depth and is at best a top 12 side barring any real injuries.

I know Derby, Villa and others have spent loads but will be caught out if they don't achieve promotion within the next 3 seasons or find another way to balance their books. QPR can try this route next season should they wish to. Who kmows, if the likes of Eze, Smyth and BOS really can make big progress this or next season, they can help with either by winning promotion or being sold for big sums to cover any losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X