QPR Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR Plus

Anyone else getting really frustrated with this service this season?
    Last season wasn't that great either, but I decided to sign up for the whole season this time around, believing they should of ironed out all of last seasons issues.
    I have yet to watch a full game without issue.
    Their tech support are a bunch of pathetic comedians, who have you taking screen shots of your errors throughout the game, but never reply back when you send them the requested screen shots.

I know they probably get a few emails from users who maybe a bit technically challenged, but I worked in I.T. for many years, so when I tell them the issue is not at my end, I say that with absolute confidence.

The whole of the first half was down for most yesterday, and when I emailed and asked who I can escalate all the issues I have experienced since this service became available, I got a response saying for this game only, because of issues they are aware of, I could use Safari.
    Desperate to try anything, so I could catch at least a bit of the game, I download and installed Safari, logged in and received the error message, that I cannot use Safari and should download and use the app instead. The app also doesn't work, and the best I could get yesterday, was the last 30 minutes of audio only.
    I have experienced the same issues, in 3 different locations, tried every browser there is and the lack of proper support from this so called premium service is beyond a joke.
    I believe, that they are so focused on preventing UK residents from accessing this service, that they are throttling their own bandwidth, and therefore affecting overseas fans streams.
    As I have now tried to get a straight answer for 2 seasons about what they intend to do to improve this so called premium service, and yet to get a reply that isn't a generic copy n paste; I was considering contacting the club to ask are they happy about the way their overseas fans are being treated.
    I subscribe to other streaming services such as NHL Live, and have zero issues.

Any others experiencing these type of issues, and if so, did you try to contact their tech support?
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

For those affected, we received this update from the club's media team:

"I know some of you are aware of an issue we had for our QPR+ live stream v Derby County which resulted in subscribers being unable to view the game until the second half.

FYI - we have contacted all subscribers to the game and provided a full refund for match passes, and pro-rata refund for monthly/seasonal passes.

The issue occurred as a result of a very specific technical failure to a primary and back-up service. Steps have been taken to ensure this doesn’t occur in the future.

The broadcast began correctly at approximately 2:15pm before an issue presented itself at 2:45pm which prevented supporters from being able to access playback. This was escalated immediately to a developer who identified an issue with the Akamai Content Delivery Network.

Akamai were alerted and following investigation a fix was put in place to allow access to all supporters approximately ten minutes into the second half.

Paul Morrissey
    Head of Media & Communications
    "

Comment

I'd like to know why the midweek games are £5 for abroad users but £10 for UK users. Why do we have to pay more for the same service?

Comment

I haven`t heard a word from Morrisey. Who gives a toss, I never listen to him anyway..

On a serious note: I can`t say I have heard anything from QPR +..
        Last edited by Shania; 19-10-2018, 06:35 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          Anyone else getting really frustrated with this service this season?
          Last season wasn't that great either, but I decided to sign up for the whole season this time around, believing they should of ironed out all of last seasons issues.
          I have yet to watch a full game without issue.
          Their tech support are a bunch of pathetic comedians, who have you taking screen shots of your errors throughout the game, but never reply back when you send them the requested screen shots.

I know they probably get a few emails from users who maybe a bit technically challenged, but I worked in I.T. for many years, so when I tell them the issue is not at my end, I say that with absolute confidence.

The whole of the first half was down for most yesterday, and when I emailed and asked who I can escalate all the issues I have experienced since this service became available, I got a response saying for this game only, because of issues they are aware of, I could use Safari.
          Desperate to try anything, so I could catch at least a bit of the game, I download and installed Safari, logged in and received the error message, that I cannot use Safari and should download and use the app instead. The app also doesn't work, and the best I could get yesterday, was the last 30 minutes of audio only.
          I have experienced the same issues, in 3 different locations, tried every browser there is and the lack of proper support from this so called premium service is beyond a joke.
          I believe, that they are so focused on preventing UK residents from accessing this service, that they are throttling their own bandwidth, and therefore affecting overseas fans streams.
          As I have now tried to get a straight answer for 2 seasons about what they intend to do to improve this so called premium service, and yet to get a reply that isn't a generic copy n paste; I was considering contacting the club to ask are they happy about the way their overseas fans are being treated.
          I subscribe to other streaming services such as NHL Live, and have zero issues.

Any others experiencing these type of issues, and if so, did you try to contact their tech support?
          as a general rule (and i have a horrible feeling that typing this will incur some sort of internet curse), i don't have problems. derby game aside... (which, to be fair, started working at about the 35 minute mark for me). there was one midweek game last season (barnsley away?) where i kept getting error messages (and, from what i could work out, i was far from the only one). i agree about the support staff - via twitter, they just kept telling anyone complaining that night that they couldn't replicate the problem. the picture isn't super hd quality (it's not like netflix or other streaming services), but it's good enough (maybe a bit sharper that old fashioned sd)

i doubt it helps, but i use firefox on a windows 10 laptop connected to a 25-30 MB/s broadband connection.

Comment

I find it OK... Not great but generally works fine for me. Annoying having to click, login...click again etc but happy to have it.

I dunno why the official site is still so terrible and not user friendly. Thought when they got out of old agreement they would sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              I can`t say I have heard anything from QPR +
              Hence the above official communiqué to the subscribers Shania, asking for it to be relayed to the fan sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Hence the above official communiqué to the subscribers Shania, asking for it to be relayed to the fan sites.
                OK. Thank you for this piece of info, Stanley. Appreciated!!
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

OK. Thank you for this piece of info, Stanley. Appreciated!!
                  No worries. Hope the refund came through.

Comment

I received the email and the 2.50 refund, but my issue has always been the same.
                    Poor service or no service, garbled audio etc, and when I contact support, they always ask for screenshots, and never reply back when I submit them.
                    Home location I have a 150mbp/50mbp, have used every browser there is, Win 7, Win 10 and either tried an old version of Vista I had on a partition. Android tablet and iPad and Android phone, makes no difference.
                    When I try to watch at work, we have a full T1 connection and the stream still keeps dropping.
                    The only seamless interaction I have had with Plus, is when they took my payment
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                      I received the email and the 2.50 refund, but my issue has always been the same.
                      Poor service or no service, garbled audio etc, and when I contact support, they always ask for screenshots, and never reply back when I submit them.
                      Home location I have a 150mbp/50mbp, have used every browser there is, Win 7, Win 10 and either tried an old version of Vista I had on a partition. Android tablet and iPad and Android phone, makes no difference.
                      When I try to watch at work, we have a full T1 connection and the stream still keeps dropping.
                      The only seamless interaction I have had with Plus, is when they took my payment
                      Yes, that´s my experience as well. They had no problems accepting my payment.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Just received another email stating another £2.50 credit will be going back to my credit card due to the issues with the Ipswich game.
                        As nice as getting half your money back for seeing 20ish minutes of blurs running around the pitch, I would rather their tech team actually offered tech support rather than generic copy n paste responses.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          I'd like to know why the midweek games are £5 for abroad users but £10 for UK users. Why do we have to pay more for the same service?
                          Is that right that it is £10 for one game but £45 for a whole season !?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

No

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I think it is £5.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X