No announcement yet.

Not enough goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know we had terrible start but since we got loans in that McLaren wanted we’ve done well in my view.

After 4 games, we had no points, scored 2 and let in 13.
    In the next 8 games, we’ve got 14 points, scored 7 but most importantly let in 6. (And that includes the capitulation at Swansea)

We’ve tightened up at the back and that was the priority. You don’t go from the start we had to scoring goals for fun and being more solid at the back. We’ve done the first part and goals will come as confidence builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I don't dispute that,but this thread is called "not enough goals",I'm only adding the obvious point that nobody had pointed out .I'm happy with our league position,the job McClaren is doing and yesterday's hard fought point BUT I agree with this thread,we aren't scoring enough.
      The point made was relevant to the thread. Yes not enough goals but points are more important. we could win a load of games one nil for instance

Comment

Wells's all round game has been good sadly not enough goals coming from the 2 guys McClaren bought in to get them, without a doubt they've made us better, I think I heard that wells hasn't scored for a long time even while at his parent club

Comment

Relatively we're doing well vs Ollie's form over a comparable period when he first arrived. Better win % by a distance.

The problem we have under SMac, and pretty much have had since Adel was in his pomp is simple. The speed of our transistion is sooo slow. Things have changed in football: less posession and sitting deep works vs posession sides as long as you can a) shut up shop and b) hit em on the break out. France have great players but they were happy to let opponents have the ball becuase the knew they could hit back, fast. We aren't blessed with natural talent, and quite often we'll be playing teams where we cede posession by default. We have to learn how to transition at speed.

Talking of which, the Ramsey goal vs the Ruperts was one of the best I've ever seen, an example of all the above with incredible skill and speed. It even slows down at one point but gets sped up immediately by a pass into space for someone to run onto. Mandatoiry viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Wells is a class act. Goals will come and he couldve easy had a hattrick yesterday. His general play and ability is absolutely top notch.

I'm actually quite happy he hasn't notched a load of goals despite consistently superb performances. Goals which he deserves would push his price up if we are in a position to keep him after his loan. I'd look to tie up a deal asap for end of season.
            Personally wouldn't care about his price. We need goals and wins, otherwise we are going to be bottom 6 all season.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Relatively we're doing well vs Ollie's form over a comparable period when he first arrived. Better win % by a distance.

The problem we have under SMac, and pretty much have had since Adel was in his pomp is simple. The speed of our transistion is sooo slow. Things have changed in football: less posession and sitting deep works vs posession sides as long as you can a) shut up shop and b) hit em on the break out. France have great players but they were happy to let opponents have the ball becuase the knew they could hit back, fast. We aren't blessed with natural talent, and quite often we'll be playing teams where we cede posession by default. We have to learn how to transition at speed.

Talking of which, the Ramsey goal vs the Ruperts was one of the best I've ever seen, an example of all the above with incredible skill and speed. It even slows down at one point but gets sped up immediately by a pass into space for someone to run onto. Mandatoiry viewing.
              One of our worst problems is when our players have the ball they tend to run towards a team mate with the ball and then pass it to them when they are near. Rather than speed it up by passing straight away. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it. Look out for it. Drives me mad and then leaves our players too bunched up.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

One of our worst problems is when our players have the ball they tend to run towards a team mate with the ball and then pass it to them when they are near. Rather than speed it up by passing straight away. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it. Look out for it. Drives me mad and then leaves our players too bunched up.
                I have and we had the same problem last season too. It's mainly Freeman who does it. Annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

I have and we had the same problem last season too. It's mainly Freeman who does it. Annoying.
                  Noticed Luongo was doing it a lot the last couple of games too. It then puts him out of position and not in the best position to receive a pass back as most of the time the opposition has closed him down and Luongo hasn't found any space.

Comment

Since Charlie left our goals have been lacking and the ones we've got have been spread around the team.

Comment

Jef they do that mainly because they hold it looking for a runner if they hit space early for a runner and nobody runs they've given the ball away or bawld out for a not passing to the right player , ive watched freeman last season he's got the ball makes his own space looks up and no movement runs still no movement then he's up Level or even in front of his forwards , the trouble more often than not lies with your midfielders not being given option by team mates

Comment

Sylla seems an unwanted player by SM, however, given that we are still paying him, should be handed a chance again. He never started seven games in a row since he joined. He can partner Wells when playing at home.

Comment

Noticed Luongo was doing it a lot the last couple of games too. It then puts him out of position and not in the best position to receive a pass back as most of the time the opposition has closed him down and Luongo hasn't found any space.
                          He is terrible going forward with the ball. Very indecisive and will more than likely lose the ball than find a team mate.

Just my opinion though

Comment

This is exactly what I mean.

This has been going on for years with us, but its a coaching fix and not a player fix. It is absolutely the main reason why we don't score as many as we should. If you have good movement off the ball, you can pass into attacking space instead of simply going lateral. Basic stuff but we don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X