Renaming of South Africa Rd Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming of South Africa Rd Stand

For all you good people on here, a question with regard to renaming the South Africa Road stand a couple of us were chatting this weekend, and came around to what about the club naming the stand The Jim Gregory Stand.as the older fans on here will remember that uncle Jim as he was known , built this club from a small humble club to almost winning the League Title in about 20 years (I know it seems a long time now, when some teams have had billions pumped into them with success coming relatively quick) but football wasn't like that back in the 60's, The money all came from his own pockets. and who knows what would've happened had Jim not ploughed Millions into our great club, especially for the older ones who will remember what Jim did for the R's It would be fitting as Jim built that stand as we were promoted into Division 1 in the first time in our history 1968/69 season, to bring some sort of modernization to the club, as it was then, A lot of other clubs have statues of Legendry Managers,players & Owners, around their grounds and it may also be great to name some of the other parts of the ground also.And who knows should we move in the future a new ground which would probably have some sort of naming rights, but a few of us really feel for the time being while we are at Loftus Rd and remember it was him that rebuilt all 4 stands there this would be a great tribute to the man who started the real history of our great club when he took over in 1965 as chairman
    Any Thoughts please

Wouldn’t make a big fuss about naming a 40+ year old stand after anyone, seeing as the intention is to move.

Comment

Jim Gregory ultimately sold us on in 87 to be merged with Fulham ,it was though he had built us up ,then was prepared to destroy us when his reign was over , as though QPR was his play thing . As much as i`m aware we will always be indebted to Jim for the rise of this club , the future generations must know he ,sold us on to be merged ,while went on to invest in Portsmouth .
      Anyone who invaded the pitch in 87 ,against Man City ,trying to stop the merger ,hasnt forgotten how he sold QPR down the river.
      So its a big NO from me
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Anyone remember the graffiti ,on the wall between South Africa and Loftus Rd s " Gregory is a sell out s lag ,QPR forever " ?

Comment

Stan bowles stand for me

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            Stan bowles stand for me
            and me

Comment

Stan Bowles stand would be great and when you consider his playing career with us and more importantly his current situation it would be a very fitting tribute to our greatest ever player.

Comment

Sir Les Ferdinand DOF stand

Comment

Brian Williams Stand would work for me.

Comment

The Sh1ttu stand and the Dou Dou end.

Comment

Knee Bashers Stand.

Comment

• Hertford Hoop
                        Hertford Hoop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Made me laugh, very true though

There's nobody in our history worthy of having a stand named after them. The only person I can think is Alec Stock but even that would be cringe worthy. Perhaps the Adel Taarabt burger van?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                        There's nobody in our history worthy of having a stand named after them. The only person I can think is Alec Stock but even that would be cringe worthy. Perhaps the Adel Taarabt burger van?
                        Thought the 72 bus route had been renamed the Taarabt Shuttle, also obviously no call to rename any parts of our ground, after former owners managers or players

Comment

I quite like the ring of the Stan Stand. We could have the Sit Down Shut Up Stand, or the Stand Up if you Hate Ch*lsea Stand, or the We're Not Allowed To Stand Stand...

Comment

Not much atmosphere in there is there ?

Might as well name it the "I can't be Rsed to" Stand

Comment

Working...
                            X