last night's attendances.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last night's attendances.

don't know how many were at Reading last night, but it looked sparse. 13,000 at Ipswich and at Hull. I bet they're getting worried at FL headquarters
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

thats because the majority of readings fans are plastic fans who go back to supporting the prem top 4 as soon as reading start to do crap. i live close to reading and its always been the case, the moment they have a good season they all come flooding out. does my head in, i proper hate reading and hope they get relegated

Comment

Can't expect loyalty if they keep serving up crap whoever the club they can't fool punters season on season before criticizing see how many home fans we get Saturday Corbs we should be looking for 16k if we were playing half way decent , we are losing our young fans hand over fist there's always something else for the punters mucker

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        don't know how many were at Reading last night, but it looked sparse. 13,000 at Ipswich and at Hull. I bet they're getting worried at FL headquarters
        That one should be around 18k even mid week Lyme's

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          thats because the majority of readings fans are plastic fans who go back to supporting the prem top 4 as soon as reading start to do crap. i live close to reading and its always been the case, the moment they have a good season they all come flooding out. does my head in, i proper hate reading and hope they get relegated
          Have you been to loftus road lately the same accusation could be levelled at us - We struggle to get 12,000 these days - SKY is killing Football. One championship game a week is enough -

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Have you been to loftus road lately the same accusation could be levelled at us - We struggle to get 12,000 these days - SKY is killing Football. One championship game a week is enough -
            Yeah but we don't help ourselves tho 3 , we've probably the noisiest and we're up there with best don't believe me ask Jose quote Harry your fans are fantastic , all it takes is for S Mc to give us something to shout about and we'll there in number

Comment

QPR fans were brilliant last night, lots of noise
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Agreed.

It doesn't help that a lot of these games are available for streaming and also clash with Champions League games. Also, Reading Hull Ipswich and QPR are not exactly playing winning or even exciting football, which would help to attract more fans.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Yeah but we don't help ourselves tho 3 , we've probably the noisiest and we're up there with best don't believe me ask Jose quote Harry your fans are fantastic , all it takes is for S Mc to give us something to shout about and we'll there in number
                  I Agree - but the we will only come if we are winning mentality which then becomes we will only come if we are winning AND playing attractive football becomes a vicious circle- If the fans came regardless - and i know quite a few do - me included - (although i have stopped going to the league cup games until the club take the competition seriously. ) then the Support may rub off on the players. and who knows ....A full Loftus road especially at night is one of the most intimidating grounds in the country if not Europe. Its a shame it rarely happens these days.

Comment

people have so much more choice how to spend their leisure time these days than the 80/90s when footy was a main stay..
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Plus the great british bake off was one....not that i was watching
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        Plus the great british bake off was one....not that i was watching
                        What don't you make fat Sue watch it if she don't you've dropped a bloomer

Comment

Fat sue sadly passed away doggsie.....awful accident with the jam doughnut insertion machine.....still have nightmares about it
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Talking of Bake Off, did anyone see this ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-contest.html

Not sure if I should find that headline funny or be angry about it.

Comment

Not sure our attendances really fluctuates much over the decades. Our away support is great and was tremendous against Reading.
                              I've done some research (Wikipedia ) but looks like
                              83/84 - when we came 5th Ave 15,560 - highest against Liverpool 27,140
                              92/93 - Ave 15,015
                              94/95 - Ave 14,228
                              98/99 - 11,793
                              2002/2003 to 2010/11 Ave 14,151
                              2011/12 - Ave 17,295
                              2012/13 - Ave 17779
                              last season - Ave 13,928
                              this season so far - 12,534

So from the figures our home attendance is a bit down from probably our median of 14k but not bad considering not a very exciting season, summer hols and not yet playing big teams in the division plus attendances pick up later in the season when things might get a tad exciting.
                              Our fan base seems to slightly bolster during the rare good season like 2012 returning after ages to the prem but on the whole 14k seems to be our lot.
                              Never understood the basis for the 40k stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X