No announcement yet.

last night's attendances.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also compete with a few local Prem clubs for the floating fans. Reading do not have any competition on their doorstep. If they had 13k last night they must have included Staff, Police and Burger sales people.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Yeah but we don't help ourselves tho 3 , we've probably the noisiest and we're up there with best don't believe me ask Jose quote Harry your fans are fantastic , all it takes is for S Mc to give us something to shout about and we'll there in number
      We are not up there with the best, who are you trying to kid? Go onto any mixed forums and we get slagged of for low numbers, generic songs and being one of the few clubs that have more sitting fans than standing. Burton for example last year, only of the only clubs with a terrace and our seating allocating was sold out straight away. WTF.

Not knocking anyone that goes but anyone who thinks that our away support is up there with the best is pretty blinkered. It is loud when you are in the heart of the singing bit, but when you have 600 fans sitting on their hands you'll be amazed at how quiet it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        don't know how many were at Reading last night, but it looked sparse. 13,000 at Ipswich and at Hull. I bet they're getting worried at FL headquarters
        Doubt they give a monkeys seeing as we're funding their jollies for the next 10 years !

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          Not sure our attendances really fluctuates much over the decades. Our away support is great and was tremendous against Reading.
          I've done some research (Wikipedia ) but looks like
          83/84 - when we came 5th Ave 15,560 - highest against Liverpool 27,140
          92/93 - Ave 15,015
          94/95 - Ave 14,228
          98/99 - 11,793
          2002/2003 to 2010/11 Ave 14,151
          2011/12 - Ave 17,295
          2012/13 - Ave 17779
          last season - Ave 13,928
          this season so far - 12,534

So from the figures our home attendance is a bit down from probably our median of 14k but not bad considering not a very exciting season, summer hols and not yet playing big teams in the division plus attendances pick up later in the season when things might get a tad exciting.
          Our fan base seems to slightly bolster during the rare good season like 2012 returning after ages to the prem but on the whole 14k seems to be our lot.
          Never understood the basis for the 40k stadium.
          Based on that Building A 40K seater seems to be a bit of a waste of time!

Comment

Not sure our attendances really fluctuates much over the decades. Our away support is great and was tremendous against Reading.
            I've done some research (Wikipedia ) but looks like
            83/84 - when we came 5th Ave 15,560 - highest against Liverpool 27,140
            92/93 - Ave 15,015
            94/95 - Ave 14,228
            98/99 - 11,793
            2002/2003 to 2010/11 Ave 14,151
            2011/12 - Ave 17,295
            2012/13 - Ave 17779
            last season - Ave 13,928
            this season so far - 12,534

So from the figures our home attendance is a bit down from probably our median of 14k but not bad considering not a very exciting season, summer hols and not yet playing big teams in the division plus attendances pick up later in the season when things might get a tad exciting.
            Our fan base seems to slightly bolster during the rare good season like 2012 returning after ages to the prem but on the whole 14k seems to be our lot.
            Never understood the basis for the 40k stadium.

Again the 40k thing is utterly irrelevant. The new ground MUST be able to generate revenue more than once every other week for 9 months a year for QPR to thrive and develop long term. Its as simple as that and im amazed how many people just don't get this. The ground needs to make us money and obviously a bigger ground can be used for other events like boxing, concerts etc etc. Do I like it? Absolutely not, is it reality? Absolutely yes

Comment

Most 1st time visitors don't return according to the club. Better facilities might change that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Have you been to loftus road lately the same accusation could be levelled at us - We struggle to get 12,000 these days - SKY is killing Football. One championship game a week is enough -
                true, but in our defence we've gone through a lot of crap over the past few years so fans are fed up and ticket prices are overpriced. i reckon most of our fans aren't based in london either so it just works out too expensive for people to get there. my season ticket is 530 a year but travel/food/beer costs me about 50 quid a game.

whereaa readings support is drawn up from the local area but they're all fickle anyway

Comment

Brighton got about 6k at their own ground and didn't sell it out. Look at them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Again the 40k thing is utterly irrelevant. The new ground MUST be able to generate revenue more than once every other week for 9 months a year for QPR to thrive and develop long term. Its as simple as that and im amazed how many people just don't get this. The ground needs to make us money and obviously a bigger ground can be used for other events like boxing, concerts etc etc. Do I like it? Absolutely not, is it reality? Absolutely yes
                    agreed but I also agree with Bfrian Wilson that our facilities are outdated and many 1st time visitors don't re-attend because of them. I also know fans who used to go, but no longer do so because for the same reason, as comfort is missing and it is not value for money etc.

Those who think we don't need a new stadium are deluding themselves if they think they club can thrive or even continue at Championship level without one. FFP rules will see to it that a club with low income will drop out of the top two divisons.

Comment

Hooters style beer serving wenches n pie n mash thats what we need
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

If you ask most fans do we need a new stadium. Most in my view would answer yes.
                        The problem though is TF when he announced this back in 2012 said a 40k, he later rowed back but as with all the other great ideas he's had it did appear nonsense.
                        If he had said from the outset a 25k to 30k stadium in an area which was agreed with landowners and based on a sensible financial plan like say Brentford then I could imagine taking the majority of fans with him
                        However we are now in debt, FFP sanctions, out of top flight, fallen out with CG and appear to have no sensible alternatives then just saying we demand a new stadium sounds slightly hollow.

Comment

If you ask most fans do we need a new stadium. Most in my view would answer yes.
                          The problem though is TF when he announced this back in 2012 said a 40k, he later rowed back but as with all the other great ideas he's had it did appear nonsense.
                          If he had said from the outset a 25k to 30k stadium in an area which was agreed with landowners and based on a sensible financial plan like say Brentford then I could imagine taking the majority of fans with him
                          However we are now in debt, FFP sanctions, out of top flight, fallen out with CG and appear to have no sensible alternatives then just saying we demand a new stadium sounds slightly hollow.
                          I agree with you. Just because we were in the premiership it seemed Fernandes just plucked the 40,000 figure out of thin air. Yes we were filling the stadium but 17/18,000 is massively different from 40,000. I know it was hard to gauge what we might have got had we had a bigger stadium already but he and the board only needed to look at the figures from the last 20 years to see how many fans we had going. Yes you will always get an upturn in attendance when a new stadium is opened but without proof of demand it is a big risk to take going up by so much. I think realistically we should be looking at 25/30,000 at the most. Also they are talking about corporate and conference rooms in a new one to bring in revenue during the week. Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal will all have these facilities. Have they contacted them to see what they make on these as I'm not sure it will be as lucrative as they make out. And we already have Twickenham stadium selling out concerts and the Apollo too both relatively close. What makes them think that anyone would use our stadium than these venues. I think it could all end up a white elephant and still only be used for football as it is now. Also you only have to look at Readings stadium on Tuesday to see how bad it would look being half full.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

We are not up there with the best, who are you trying to kid? Go onto any mixed forums and we get slagged of for low numbers, generic songs and being one of the few clubs that have more sitting fans than standing. Burton for example last year, only of the only clubs with a terrace and our seating allocating was sold out straight away. WTF.

Not knocking anyone that goes but anyone who thinks that our away support is up there with the best is pretty blinkered. It is loud when you are in the heart of the singing bit, but when you have 600 fans sitting on their hands you'll be amazed at how quiet it really is.
                            You're right I should have said were up with best , but be fair they haven't been given anything to shout about for a long long time give QPR a team playing good football they're not the biggest but will be there

Comment

https://www.ripleys.com/weird-news/i...secret-extras/

maybe this is the answer! or are these the floating fans being referred to?

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

Did you go to Fulham last season ?

Comment

Working...
                                X