Stan Bowles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Bowles

Read somewhere that he is quite ill these days. Hope we can win for him against Reading.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Tbf,poor fella probably don't even know who Apr are now
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Last night, I watched a video clip of him where he said he never listened to coaches and managers. Have to say it made me laugh. But OK, he probably was that good(on the pitch).
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        (he probably was that good(on the pitch).
        He was that good, a talent to be proud of by all Rsss fans

I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

There is a Stan Bowles 2019 calendar in association with Alzheimers to raise money. Hoping a lot of fans will buy it. Its not all QPR inside by the way but the money goes to a good cause. Poster size pic in the middle of my avatar too which i intend to frame. I will try and put a link up but not that good with them.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/12973132768...8793783987348/

Comment

^^ And Hertford Hoop, I sometimes wonder how highly ranked he would be on an best ever list.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                There is a Stan Bowles 2019 calendar in association with Alzheimers to raise money. Hoping a lot of fans will buy it. Its not all QPR inside by the way but the money goes to a good cause. Poster size pic in the middle of my avatar too which i intend to frame. I will try and put a link up but not that good with them.
                Appreciated, qprjeff1882.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Thankfully I was born early enough to appreciate what a true legend he was. Memories keep the QPR passion going at present.

Qpr don’t get many superstars but Stan was a proper icon.

Comment

The man was a genius on the football pitch and someone who gave us Rangers supporters some great memories. We will never see the like again in the blue and white hoops.

Comment

Very true and just goes to show how money has ruined football. IMHO everything changed when the big teams like Man U got to keep the revenue for home games rather than splitting the money with the smaller clubs like us. Since then it's been a struggle to hold on to any decent players or even youngsters that we've produced.

Comment

I watched him make his debut against Forest, he scored a great goal and the rest is a wonderful history.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Watched him in his playing days and ended up being great pals with him and sharing many pints in the Chiswick and Brentford area

Comment

Not sure, but I think he played for Forest when they won against Malmų FF . I remember that watching him in the Forest shirt did not feel right. That Forest team was great, and I think he himself loved his football there. Their team was full of Mavericks, I remember.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              ^^ And Hertford Hoop, I sometimes wonder how highly ranked he would be on an best ever list.
                              He would be up there for sure but it is very difficult to compare different eras. During his time on the pitch he was number one imo.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X