Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short sightedness and the grass is greener attitude...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short sightedness and the grass is greener attitude...

I don`t know about anyone elses opinions but we or the board have made there/our bed......Last season was exciting in parts watching our youngsters coming through steadily......Already some decisions this season have made me

dislike mcclaren even more leaving young smyth out and not bringing our youngsters on from last season....All this he`s great with young players....so wheres that then...loaning out manning when it`s quite obvious he does`nt even

fully know his players yet....He`s already giving negativity to the younger players now which is not good for us for all the good work in that department.....Hard to believe on here...but there is a few of us who were quite happy by the

progress holloway was making in the end and was`nt happy with him being sacked.....And the arrogance of the board to think...oooo bright stars heres ex england manager must mean we`re moving onto better things.....So we have now

ditched the youngsters for 4 loanees in our starting 11.......Also playing eze wrong and to be honest slowly starting to wreck him and his confidence....Meanwhile mannings playing well at rotherham and scoring be it 2 pens...but we all

knew or most that that was a right stupid decision....And to think with our squad last season we was at this point 3 points more under holloway beit only 3 points.....But are we going forward?......Seems outrageous building our game

around two strikers who wont be here next season so for me we`re going backwards......Would of and was looking forward to a season of our youngsters hitting the ground running and bags of energy especially if it meant we was

roughly going to end the season on around same points.

None of this gets anywhere. He played youngsters in the cup against a side we should have dealt with, and frankly they were awful. Smyth looked promising early doors, but like I said was wildly over rated by fans grasping at anything during the awful dogsbreakfast of the Ollie regime - I remeber the humiliations we suffered only too well. The stats are in place, ignoring them wont make them go away, irrespective of what happens next. Ollie himself took far longer to blood youth. Eze was left kicking his heels in some sink hole, he should have come back months sooner.

SMac maybe not be up to the job, but compared to Ollie he has had no time at all. It's OK to admit you want him to fail. That was the charge you laid at the door of people who realised that Ollie was shot to bits. If SMac gets the boot we all know who you'll be suggesting, but sentimental appointments seldom work, and the board should have known this first time round. They are the real villains of the piece as you kind of imply.

The real problem at the club is not manager related. We can all agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      None of this gets anywhere. He played youngsters in the cup against a side we should have dealt with, and frankly they were awful. Smyth looked promising early doors, but like I said was wildly over rated by fans grasping at anything during the awful dogsbreakfast of the Ollie regime - I remeber the humiliations we suffered only too well. The stats are in place, ignoring them wont make them go away, irrespective of what happens next. Ollie himself took far longer to blood youth. Eze was left kicking his heels in some sink hole, he should have come back months sooner.

SMac maybe not be up to the job, but compared to Ollie he has had no time at all. It's OK to admit you want him to fail. That was the charge you laid at the door of people who realised that Ollie was shot to bits. If SMac gets the boot we all know who you'll be suggesting, but sentimental appointments seldom work, and the board should have known this first time round. They are the real villains of the piece as you kind of imply.

The real problem at the club is not manager related. We can all agree on that.
      But why doesn`t he set QPR up with Eze in a more central position? And give Pawel a chance on the wing at least as a plan B. He is my plan A, but that is another matter,

QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Dearest Pinkie

Many thanks for your kind contribution towards the board.

Looking at stats though Ollie won his first match in charge, against 10 man Norwich, but then lost six on the bounce. He was brought in to get us up the table at a time when we were midtable. We ended that season only just avoidng relegation. Particular highlights being two six match losing runs and losig 7 out of our last 8. True we started last season with a few home wins then badly deteriorated. He continued playing a formation which a blind tadpole could see we didn't have the players for.

What we do know is he was spoken to about his formation and CR started to be more priminent on match days. Youngsters started getting more game time and results and performances improved noticably overall. It was clear he was either acting on what he had been told or even micro managed to avoid a mid season managerial sacking. I suspect the latter but respect others disagree.. For me, and I disagreed at the time, one thing the board got right was waiting until the end of the season before getting rid.

We can also look at the background. Ollie's last job had been a disaster and as far as we know he had no management offers (at least at this level or above) for 18 months. Not exactly been queuing up since either. To me that says a lot about how he is rated in the football world.

Ollie's first spell in charge remains one of my favouite times as an Rs fan. It just worked against all that horrible backdrop, at least for a while. However his second coming was non-sensical and didn't work.

For me SM has had a poor start although not yet disastrous. Hopefully he can improve. I can see what he is trying to do. I'm just not convinced it is right.

In terms of ytoungsters Furlong injured. Lumley and Eze playing regularly and some others on fringe. Bit disappointed not seen more of Smyth. Manning was not a first team fixture last season although seems to be doing well for Rotherham. Disagree on your views on strikers though. Hemed and Wells good signings at this level. An upgrade on what we have and would be daft not to try and accommodate them, Nothing to say we won't be able to buy them at the end of the season if all parties happy. Failing that who knows who we will sign and who will go.

Is the grass greener? Don't know yet but we needed to change as under Ollie is was yellowed and dying. Just a question of whether we have got the right gardener in.

Kind Regards

The Furtive Fox

Comment

Jack in Box. Yawn

Comment

It seems odd that some QPR fans would rather we loose just to prove their point

Shame and Sad Really

Up the Rangers whoever is the manager

Comment

Wouldn’t want Hollowhead back if he was the last manager left on planet earth.

Comment

Looking at how Gerrard and Lampard have started I would look at a Scholes as our next manager. Young forward thinking bloke who would command respect instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Looking at how Gerrard and Lampard have started I would look at a Scholes as our next manager. Young forward thinking bloke who would command respect instantly.
                  Goof shout although suspect board would be wary after JFH and I doubt he would have come.

Comment

I agree with Shania

Eze in the middle ,,Wsolek on the wing

or 451 to get some points midfield is like butter pack it out to get some away points asap 442 at home.

Comment

Good to see pinkie back and posting. Was worried for his mental state after that unbeaten spell we had.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        This!! Excatly. Not a foreigner, but he`s got vision and would most probably bring fresh ideas with him.
                        Last edited by Shania; 30-09-2018, 07:42 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Scholes was a class player and was managed by the greatest manager of the modern era so I am certain he would know what is needed. The board cannot compare JFH and Scholes based on the fact he has never managed before so like Lampard and Gerrard it would be a calculated risk.

Comment

It would be worth a try,1973 ranger.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I actually think that heckingbottom would be a good fit ok failed at Leeds but apart the bloke at moment who hasn’t . He brought through Mawson, winnall, bree, the Villa midfielder bought and developed lower league , I think he get what QPR about .

Comment

Working...
                              X