No announcement yet.

Wells and hamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having watched the Millwall then Norwich game it’s obvious to me that bothWells and Hemed in striking positions especially away at a relegated team is too much with not enough supply. I thought the formation again Millwall looked good and brought Eze right into the mix. I don’t see the point playing the two right up top if they’re never going to score (just one between them so far) Steve Mac was known for his brilliant attacking football for Derby in the Championship, he averaged 1.86 goals a game there in his first spell of 97 games which is mightily impressive. What about playing Wells as a wide right forward but then there’s no one to play left as Freeman is better deeper and central. Rangel doesn’t suit a wing back system, we’d have to wait for Darnell there. There is a few talented and good players in this squad but we have to see a team moulded out of it. I do think it’s a tough job for Steve but he’s relying on scraps in terms of incomings and he’ll say he’s happy with the quality brought in to raise belief and confidence but it must be realised that he’s had no financial backing. There needs to be a bit of playing around with systems and personnel and fans to keep backing the process I feel to get through this. Eze and Freeman as narrow wide midfielders doesn’t feel tight to me for the record but can completely understand the 442 by the same token.

Comment

CW was murdered for doing the same Hamed and Wells are doing....that is working hard, getting into good positions, and never score. We just went from a frying pan into the fire. I hope Wells will start scoring goals as he looks a good player. But no goals after six games!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        CW was murdered for doing the same Hamed and Wells are doing....that is working hard, getting into good positions, and never score. We just went from a frying pan into the fire. I hope Wells will start scoring goals as he looks a good player. But no goals after six games!
        Bring back Maiga.

Comment

So Manning is the new Messiah
          Until he comes back and has a couple of bad games presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            So Manning is the new Messiah
            Wouldn't go that far CCJ, but certainly better than Scowen and Luongo on current form. Plus he scores goals. Has Scowen scored a goal for QPR in his entire time at the club? Don't think so.

Comment

We've had a sh*t midfield for a long time - no balance and no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Wouldn't go that far CCJ, but certainly better than Scowen and Luongo on current form. Plus he scores goals. Has Scowen scored a goal for QPR in his entire time at the club? Don't think so.
                Think he scored a decent goal against Barnsley. Can see CCJ's point in that there does seem to be a lot more love for Manning now that he is not here. Should never have been loaned out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Agreed, certainly better than Scowen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Think he scored a decent goal against Barnsley. Can see CCJ's point in that there does seem to be a lot more love for Manning now that he is not here. Should never have been loaned out though.
                    This.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I'm not so sure about that!
                      ;) nice one

Comment

I wonder how many goals Sylla would have scored had he been given the number of starts as Wells and Hemed or even a chance as a sub.

McLaren needs to give him a chance as I still think he is capable of contributing some goals to the team and the club is still paying him a weekly wage, so why not play him?

Also agree that Eze is wasted out wide or in a RM role.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I wonder how many goals Sylla would have scored had he been given the number of starts as Wells and Hemed or even a chance as a sub..
                          None because we still wouldn't have created anything and he would have been offside when we did.

Comment

Wells and Hemed's only real problem is that they don't really get much service. This has been our problem for the last few years. Our midfield rarely plays a through ball, doesn't have much vision, is as slow as treacle and fail to see a pass unless it's 10 yards away. Too many similar players in there and none of them have any flair. And on top of that at the moment are just watching the opposition walk right past them with no effort to challenge whatsoever. The midfield is what makes a team tick and ours is extremely lacklustre. Until that changes our forwards whoever it may be will struggle to score regular goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

None because we still wouldn't have created anything and he would have been offside when we did.
                              You say that but look at how many he scored last season as a bit part player.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Agreed, certainly better than Scowen.
                                But Scowen was very good at Barnsley two seasons ago.. Hence it could be that our two last managers have set our team up poorly. Not sure, just an observation......
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X