Much needed revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much needed revenue

Blackpool have drawn Arsenal away and guarantee of a very good pay day which we should have had but for the ridiculous team selection for the game. Would rather have beat them and picked a full team not worry too much about today. The league season is over 46 games the cup is a knockout and for a club with the heavy fine hanging over them and potless the cup should have taken priority over today.

I agree 100%

Comment

I'd like to hear Lee Hoos answer that cos I don't get it either.

Comment

We'd have been another number. It doesn't work like that.
        However it was a joke that we didn't try and win that game. Pathetic and disrespectful.

Comment

BUT i really don't know why we have to prioritise different games to others. We could have played the strongest side on Tuesday AND today. Get McLaren wants to try and keep players in the loop but the clubs success is more important than any player and a few if necessary could have been left out in odd games coming up

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Blackpool have drawn Arsenal away and guarantee of a very good pay day which we should have had but for the ridiculous team selection for the game. Would rather have beat them and picked a full team not worry too much about today. The league season is over 46 games the cup is a knockout and for a club with the heavy fine hanging over them and potless the cup should have taken priority over today.
            Totally agree. I really can't see the pointr of resting players or rotating to concentrate on the league (not that it even helps). Some say players could get injure, but the truth is they can and often do, get injured in training too.

I think that a directive should come from the Chairman to say that the manager must not play weakened teams in the cup competitions and this should start with the FA Cup in January.

I would have loved to go and watch QPR play at the Emiratesor perhaps some other big draw, so thank you McLaren for screwing that up for us. I'm sure today's result really justified his selection.

Comment

Yet again, where was the moaning about team selection when largely the same team beat Peterborough and Bristol Rovers?? 2 teams in the same league as Blackpool?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                We'd have been another number. It doesn't work like that.
                However it was a joke that we didn't try and win that game. Pathetic and disrespectful.
                At least we were nice and rested for Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

Wrong, the ball number relates to the draw place of the previous round and not alphabetical or seeding Whoever won between us and Blackpool would have been drawn away to Arsenal. The only times draws are alphabetical is when there is an influx of teams who haven't featured yet.

Thank God our finances are so good and we didn't need a share of a 45 - 50k gate...
                  Even more annoying that we didn't field a strong team in such a winnable game then.

Comment

Contradicts what Hoos has been saying all year long about generating more money. Nice to know things are nit that bad after all that we can let a last 16 place be chucked away for the sake of a league game that we were unlikely to win with any team that we fielded.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR

Wrong, the ball number relates to the draw place of the previous round and not alphabetical or seeding Whoever won between us and Blackpool would have been drawn away to Arsenal. The only times draws are alphabetical is when there is an influx of teams who haven't featured yet.

Thank God our finances are so good and we didn't need a share of a 45 - 50k gate...
                      Wrong I’m afraid. I think in the FA cup it works like that but if you actually saw the draw then it went in alphabetical order. It actually meant we would have drawn the scum as we would have been number 13 and they were drawn against number 4 away which was Burton but as Blackpool were number 3 everyone would have moved up a number (hence us being number 13 as that was Forests number but they would have moved up as well).

It still would have been a money spinning game but if we are capable or getting cunted off by Swansea god knows what they would have done against us.

Comment

Arsenal were ball 2, Blackpool were ball 3.... presume we'd have been ball 11 or something........... you could work out what number ball we would have been and who we'd have played but really, who gives a monkeys?????

Comment

don't be suprised we love a fk up , young fans need to watch us play games against the likes of arsenal , it's hard to sell reading or rotherham to them

Comment

billly graham was our biggest earner,cant we dig him up
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Were supposed to be trying to make money to meet FFP rules but we give away a pay day at potential prem side.

Disgraceful actions from manager made even worse by rolling over following game

Comment

Working...
                              X