No announcement yet.

Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We knew the rules when Mr Fernandes decided to go on his spending spree in summer 2012 and we are now feeling the pain and will continue to for many more years to come. FFP comes into play when you abuse the rules as we did not if you are managed correctly. Unfortunately that has never been the case since August 2011 when Fernandes and Co rocked up.

Comment

Is that the summer of 2012 when were a premier league club and signed 11 players?
      Of which 7 of those 11 were free? The other 4 costing 21 & half million?
      That summer ?...
      The same summer we let 14 players leave, permanently? And 4 out on loan?
      The same summer that the efl decided to introduce these unfair game changing rules, as i posted
      between them and players union we are the being made the fall guys.
      I find it strange we had an agreement whith FL when we weren't in it

Comment

Yes Dave. The summer that we gave players 65k a week wages with no relegation clauses and 145k a week on 2 keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Is that the summer of 2012 when were a premier league club and signed 11 players?
          Of which 7 of those 11 were free? The other 4 costing 21 & half million?
          That summer ?...
          The same summer we let 14 players leave, permanently? And 4 out on loan?
          The same summer that the efl decided to introduce these unfair game changing rules, as i posted
          between them and players union we are the being made the fall guys.
          I find it strange we had an agreement whith FL when we weren't in it
          The breach and fine was in relation to 2014 promotion. However accumulatively the long high contracts of 2012 were still being paid and some in 2014. Our downfall was sky high wages ..Ive read we were paying £75m on wages which is about 195 % of our turnover being about £40m.
          As you say we had players joining and leaving even in 2012 but no player was sold for any real profit. Only player we've made money on recently is RS and he don't even play for us.
          Our model was wrong and then we tried to mitigate it by writing it off and trying to bring it under the £10m limit. Other clubs like Bournemouth and Leicester who are both doing well have previously been hit with fines for promotion breaches but they didn't get hit as badly as us due mainly as their losses weren't as bad plus they didn't try to circumvent the rules.
          It's a shame as we have wealthy owners but the model of paying ridiculous amounts on wages on players with no resale value wasnt the best financial model to follow.

Comment

Working...
          X